What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R15 Sat - Knights 26-12 Broncos @ McDonald Jones

Round 15: Knights v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 15
Newcastle Knights v Brisbane Broncos
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 29 June 2019

Gates 3pm / Jersey Flegg (NEW v MAN) 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

TL-NEW19.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. James Gavet 9. Connor Watson 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Sione Mata'utia 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Herman Ese'ese 16. Josh King 17. Pasami Saulo 18. Mason Lino 19. David Klemmer 20. Jacob Saifiti 21. Aidan Guerra

TL-BRI19.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Richard Kennar 6. Anthony Milford 7. Sean O'Sullivan 8. Matthew Lodge 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Payne Haas 11. David Fifita 12. Matt Gillett 13. Tevita Pangai
Interchange: 14. Jake Turpin 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Thomas Flegler 17. Patty Carrigan 18. Xavier Coates 19. Jaydn Su'A 20. James Segeyaro 21. Shaun Fensom

ogdZGg2.png

Referees: Ashley Klein, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Beau Scott

Feeder club info
Knights: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Broncos: Ipswich Jets, Norths Devils, Redcliffe Dolphins, Souths Logan Magpies & Wynnum Manly Seagulls (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

mozza91

Coach
But worried about this one. Hoping that the Melbourne performance was just a one off.

Brisbane have been terrible in their last few games so I’m expecting an improved performance from them.

If we’re fair dinkum about being a top 4 or even top 8 side we need to win these type of games.

Knights by 8.

Side note: I’m pretty sure we’ve had a player sin binned in our last 5 games. Is that a record? Let’s see if we can go for 6 in a row!

TheFrog

Coach
Broncos need to win 8 from 11 to even make 8th place. This is very close to must win for them. And what a tough assignment it is. If the Broncos lift this might be one for the ages.

Brown should show his side the 53-0 game between these sides a couple of years back. The Broncos could have scored 100 if they'd made a bit of effort. It would show them how far they've come.

some11

Referee
If we’re fair dinkum about being a top 4 or even top 8 side we need to win these type of games.
Yep it's usually a sign your team has momentum heading towards the back end of the season and isn't just coasting from purple patch to purple patch.

The broncos are shot, I think at best they win 4-5 more games this year against teams that don't turn up.

mozza91

Coach
A lot more confident after seeing the Broncos backline. It’s a Jaelen Feeney or Pat Mata’utia away from looking as shit as ours did a few years back.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
Broncos need to win 8 from 11 to even make 8th place. This is very close to must win for them. And what a tough assignment it is. If the Broncos lift this might be one for the ages.

Brown should show his side the 53-0 game between these sides a couple of years back. The Broncos could have scored 100 if they'd made a bit of effort. It would show them how far they've come.
8 from 11 gets them closer to top 4, they are only one win out of the eight now!

isaiah

Bench
Yep it's usually a sign your team has momentum heading towards the back end of the season and isn't just coasting from purple patch to purple patch.

The broncos are shot, I think at best they win 4-5 more games this year against teams that don't turn up.
Can I quote this when they make the finals?

TheFrog

Coach
8 from 11 gets them closer to top 4, they are only one win out of the eight now!
The table is skewed by the bye. In terms of win percentage, they are 13th. It's possible 12 wins will be enough, but it wasn't for Wests Tigers last year.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The table is skewed by the bye. In terms of win percentage, they are 13th. It's possible 12 wins will be enough, but it wasn't for Wests Tigers last year.

I think 12 wins with a good for and against might make the cut this year. As for the Broncos they probably need to win at least one of their next two away games, against Knights and Sharks. If they lose both I'd be prepared to put the red pen through them.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Moving Milford to fullback is long overdue and I think will benefit the Broncos. Unfortunately their halves suck balls.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Milf needs a preseason to get back into fullback shape. Darius defending at 6 will be as bad as Austin was last year..

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don’t know why but I have a feeling the Broncos will get up here. Luckily for Newcastle my feelings are generally wrong though.

Grapple

Bench
I think it says a lot about a coach when he tinkers with players positions, due to losing, as opposed to injury and/or no depth in the squad. To me it seems as if Seibold is in a panic - all things going well, you should know your players inside and out this late in the season.

Broncos are really grasping at straws. They have no real leadership on field and too many players coming and going due to injury and form. It's been a scattered season and Knights should take advantage of it and put them to the sword, though most likely Brisbane's effort will be there tonight .... though can't see them winning.

Latest posts