What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R18 Fri - Panthers 40-18 Dragons @ Panthers

Round 18: Panthers v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
No offence to Nichols. He was the perpetual bridesmaid and by all reports he’s a good bloke.

Hunt is reported as being “rested”. But Mary has form here. Remember when Mary “rested” Benji?
"Mary" must be resting Hunt for prepare him for our epic finals run. Hunt is a good bloke too. Just ask Broncos fans.
We are going to get destroyed by Freddie Mercury or Julia of whatever they call him, with a sprinkle of their own version of Ben Creagh. Is "the sauce" playing on the same side of the field as ravioli? That could be a fun match up to watch.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I feel for Jarome Luai, he and Maloney have been better than Ramjet and BBQ. IMHO.

Needs to cut them sideburns.

But Penrith have belief, Saints besides Mary do not and it shows.

SBD82

Coach
"Mary" must be resting Hunt for prepare him for our epic finals run. Hunt is a good bloke too. Just ask Broncos fans.
We are going to get destroyed by Freddie Mercury or Julia of whatever they call him, with a sprinkle of their own version of Ben Creagh. Is "the sauce" playing on the same side of the field as ravioli? That could be a fun match up to watch.
Brain:
“Don’t say it”
“Don’t say it”
“Don’t say it”
“Don’t say it”
“Don’t say it”
“Don’t say it”

Me:
“They’re going to be calling him boscaiola. Because he’s gonna get creamed”.

Brain:
“Goddamnit”.

This Year?

Immortal
Anyone who likes a bet, get on Maloney and/or Kikau for anytime try scorer. Nicholls and Aitmerkin defending together on their line will be a comedy act that rivals the umbilical brothers.

mongoose

Coach
Should be an interesting game. You would expect the Dragons to bounce back at some stage. Lots of talk about the panthers winning streak being soft.

Dragons by 6

pantherz9103

First Grade
Should be an interesting game. You would expect the Dragons to bounce back at some stage. Lots of talk about the panthers winning streak being soft.

Dragons by 6

Lots of short memories too. They must have done something right to win 6 in a row after being so terrible before that. Anyone who had watched them play in the first 10 rounds could’ve sworn they’d be getting the spoon or 2nd last for sure, regardless of their draw, because they didn’t look interested. They went from conceding 24 points a game in the first 10 games to conceding just under 12 p/g in the last 6. You can’t just put that down to a ‘soft draw’. On form, their season should’ve been killed off in those back to back games against Roosters and Souffs. It’s not Penrith’s fault that both had not only Origin but also several injury problems at the same time. I’d say an improved team attitude and some promising rookies have more to do with the wins than a soft draw. I honestly am shocked they have 8 wins already because I thought we’d be lucky to get 5-6 all year at one stage. Just being in contention is an achievement after the way the year started.

Grapple

Bench
I love the idea of resting your "star" halfback after you got smashed the week before. Let's add a little more instability into the team for the back end of the season, that should do it...

e41aab50-4bce-11e9-bf7f-211b959a5e52

TheFrog

Coach
I feel for Jarome Luai
Tried him at 1, no good. Tried him at 9, no good. So he's a 6 and that's it, in a side with 2 Origin halves. So he's going to have to wait his turn. I suspect he's on the bench to keep him interested.

OldPanther

Coach
Tried him at 1, no good. Tried him at 9, no good. So he's a 6 and that's it, in a side with 2 Origin halves. So he's going to have to wait his turn. I suspect he's on the bench to keep him interested.

He was injured playing 1 and has had limited time playing in the 9 off the bench. Probably not a fair assessment here. More time would be needed to determine his ability there.

jargan83

Coach
I assume the post match pingas from Norman will make up got the shit show that the Dragons will put on tonight.

Shame the supporters will need mind altering drugs during the game.

Latest posts