What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R19 Sat - Storm 10-11* Sea Eagles @ AAMI

Round 19: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firechild

First Grade
haha , fair

Point is he's on the field only because the game is tight. if it's decided either way, he sent
Which speaks to a wider issue within the code. The officials swing wildy from wanting to establish themselves as a presence and never wanted to ever impact the game. And this is where we land.
This is a continual frustration for most fans. The whistle gets put away in close games towards the end which means that teams just lay in the ruck, creep inside the 10, etc and they know that unless it's something blatant, a penalty won't be forthcoming. Decisions, whether it's a penalty or a send-off, should be the same no matter the teams and no matter the context within the game.

axl rose

Bench
Were they deckchairs by any chance?
Des sits on a stool in his demountable using his Commodore 64 and doesn't complain. Who would to coach Turbo. Hey you run fast and score a try!

OFDr.gif

Reflector

Juniors
I agree it should've been a draw. The Storm are there for the taking when they play sides like Manly and the Sharks that match them for physicality. Tonights' game though, showed what a difference a change of coach has made to Manly because there's little chance they'd have got the points if Barrett was still running the show.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fun match even if we lost. Love watching us play Manly and the sharks, might be the only 2 genuine rivalries left in the game (cowboys v broncos is up there as well though not to the Same level). The games always end up delivering.

slamminsam246

Juniors
I reckon they pump Manly at Brookvale in a few weeks.
If tonight was at Brooky, Manly win by 13+. If at a neutral ground, Manly 7+. Refs did all they could for the home fans, and we still dug deep and won.
If we aim up like tonight and play our best vs Melbourne at home, we will be victorious again!
So proud of this team. In Des We Trust....

GongPanther

Referee
If tonight was at Brooky, Manly win by 13+. If at a neutral ground, Manly 7+. Refs did all they could for the home fans, and we still dug deep and won.
If we aim up like tonight and play our best vs Melbourne at home, we will be victorious again!
So proud of this team. In Des We Trust....
Territoriality, Manly were the better side. If not for some howler forward pass rulings against Manly, and the Storm getting piggy back penalties out from their red zone, and the amazing ability of Melbourne being off-side when Manly was going for that botched field goal in the first half of extra time, Manly win this comfortably...this win makes it one for the ages that we all won't forget for a long time.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Territoriality, Manly were the better side. If not for some howler forward pass rulings against Manly, and the Storm getting piggy back penalties out from their red zone, and the amazing ability of Melbourne being off-side when Manly was going for that botched field goal in the first half of extra time, Manly win this comfortably...this win makes it one for the ages that we all won't forget for a long time.
Thank you. Couldn't put it better myself

Danish

Referee
Must be in the top 5 regular season games of all time. Haven’t seen a game that exciting for ages.

The correct team also won. None of this “they both deserved a point” garbage. Manly by rights should have won that game in regular time with all the bullshit decisions given to the storm to get them back into the game. The “forward” pass then “strip” calls leading the The storm’s second try in particular were a joke.

KOMORI

Juniors
Hey look, I've been to the Storm Heartland, Logan City and there's no way a pub meal at the Brookvale hotel costs any less than two houses in Browns Plains.
I lived near Browns Plains for a long time... if you want to feel good about yourself, go for a stroll through the shopping center on a Saturday. Inside of five minutes, you’ll realise that you’re a lonnnnnng way ahead in life compared to the absolute dregs of society that frequent that place :joy::joy::joy:

KOMORI

Juniors
Well... I’ve just got home, had 11ty beers and want to sleep but the ceiling fan keeps stopping and the the bed starts spinning ffs... having a read through this thread had been as entertaining as watching midgets fight over a six inch Subway, and I’m impressed at my ability to English coherently...

F**king AMAZING WIN.

Great to see positive, hard football win out over Bellamy ball boring, negativism and the complete lack of respect that the Storm show for the spirit of the game.

F**k yeah MANLY!!

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Just finished watching the replay at the pub.

What a game! Golden point was 10 minutes of manic mayhem. Busted players from both sides doing things they really shouldn't have.

JTurbo's hit straight after being put on report would have done Terry Randall proud.

But I'm still puzzled at why Manly's first try was disallowed. No audio at the pub unfortunately. If it was an obstruction, it occurred 20 metres from the play.

That Brandon Smith would be a pesty little bugger to play against. And Croft - did he stop whinging all game.

Latest posts