What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R2 Sat - Sharks 20-6 Titans @ Shark Park

Round 2: Sharks v Titans

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xcalibre

Juniors
No there has never been a successful Gold Coast team. As I said earlier there just isn't sporting appeal on the Gold Coast. They are all tourists, ex pat Victorians, schoolies, party people and retirees and they all have better things to do than go to watch sports.

If it wasn't for the NRL constantly bailing and backing them the Titans would've had their license revoked years ago.

Said better than me. Add surfers, which is all it’s good for imo, the beaches. But there are plenty of other parts of oz with that, as well as culture etc.

Eelectrica

Referee
No there has never been a successful Gold Coast team. As I said earlier there just isn't sporting appeal on the Gold Coast. They are all tourists, ex pat Victorians, schoolies, party people and retirees and they all have better things to do than go to watch sports.

If it wasn't for the NRL constantly bailing and backing them the Titans would've had their license revoked years ago.
Titans will come good. And yeah, I do have a four game season pass. Saw the Raiders Titans game last week in the pouring rain as a matter of fact.

My only real quandry this year is when Parra plays is whether or not to use one of my remaining 3 tickets or get a ticket separately. I'll cross that bridge later. And to be clear, that day I'm cheering loudly for Parra of course.

The GFC stuffed them early when Searle over reached with the centre of excellence building and got them into debt. Should have stabilized first then tried to expand.

But if you want AFL to succeed on the coast...