What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R3 Fri - Raiders 17-10 Knights @ GIO

Round 3: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
Not that you've suggested otherwise but it was Graham Murray that brought Adrian Morley to the Roosters for anyone who thinks otherwise.

God bless that wonderful man for doing so.

Sticky brought Mark Edmondson to the Roosters and he was in the Dane Hogan mould lol

Bateman btw is an absolute weapon. A classic English forward.

I thought Bateman was one of about 4 or 5 forwards who could make the transition from Super League to NRL, but I thought he would take some time to find his way, being a smaller forward, and the NRL players being generally larger.

He has shown his fighting energy more than makes up for his size even in the NRL. A great player.

Iafeta

Referee
Ponga must go back to fullback for the rest of the season, the switch has happened way too early in his career.

Poor Brown. It’s his most cutting coaching initiative since going on the Faalogo like slap.

nick87

Coach
eat shit you two headed scum bags
the raiders prevailed despite despicable officiating!
I expect the KOTW will run 3-2-1 for the two on field and the video ref

DISGRACEFUL

But good prevails over evil, the knights firmly know their place, now and forever.

axl rose

Bench
Not that you've suggested otherwise but it was Graham Murray that brought Adrian Morley to the Roosters for anyone who thinks otherwise.

God bless that wonderful man for doing so.

Bateman btw is an absolute weapon. A classic English forward.

Morley took a year in the NRL to really hit his straps, same with S.Burgess. Bateman seems he didn't even need a transition period. So far so good anyway.

Silent Knight

First Grade

DISGRACEFUL

But good prevails over evil, the knights firmly know their place, now and forever.

Ummm...grats on the win!

Apey

Staff member
While I thought we got the rub of the green, that not held call was probably the worst of the night.

nick87

Coach
Na I’m joking
I don’t really hate the knights anymore

I mean the Mata’utia’s and Siafiti’s make me laugh. Absolute plod city
But they’re a good team who’s built it the right way and I admire the way they structured things to get themselves into the Ponga and Klemmer game

This was a game between two 6th-10th teams whose season will be defined by closing out games like tonight and injuries

mongoose

Coach
well we played like shit and won, which is a good sign. Bateman and Klokstad really stood up. Horsburgh is a goodun too.

f**k wighton has errors in him... hopefully he gets used to 5/8 quickly, can't deal with a whole season of him being up one week, down the next.

Pedge1971

First Grade

DISGRACEFUL

Ha ha ha. Until next week Nick when Ricky spills his lollies. But I love the troll.

You won the battle of the geniuss.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Na I’m joking
I don’t really hate the knights anymore

I mean the Mata’utia’s and Siafiti’s make me laugh. Absolute plod city
But they’re a good team who’s built it the right way and I admire the way they structured things to get themselves into the Ponga and Klemmer game

This was a game between two 6th-10th teams whose season will be defined by closing out games like tonight and injuries

Ha! Can I say f**k off now?

No complaints. Better team on the night won. As the great Eric Cartman said "hate you guys......"

Billythekid

First Grade
Ponga carved up the comp at fullback and was close to he best in his position (and frankly one of the best players in the league when fit). Here’s an idea, let’s chuck him into a totally differently position and just hope he adjusts!

I just don’t get it. Fullback is a more important position anyway in the modern game. Leave him there.

skeepe

Immortal
That game felt a lot longer than 80 minutes. Actually, all 3 Knights games this year have.

Happy to escape with the win despite generally playing poorly. We lose that game last year.

One thing I’m sick of, and it happens all the time, is ball on the ground = knock on. A couple tonight clearly went back but were called as going forward. It’s lazy refereeing.

Anyway, Cowboys next week. Onwards and upwards.

2/3 all that matters

Far out we have some work to do though ... good on Williams for having a decent game
Jack was shithouse
BJ needs a brain transplant the f**king pot plant

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ponga carved up the comp at fullback and was close to he best in his position (and frankly one of the best players in the league when fit). Here’s an idea, let’s chuck him into a totally differently position and just hope he adjusts!

I just don’t get it. Fullback is a more important position anyway in the modern game. Leave him there.

He wants to play there, Brown is being a pussy by letting him. It’s a sign of a coach who knows he has to keep his star player happy cause if Ponga leaves Brown will be out too

A few things brown needs to do to avoid the sac

- ponga to fullback
- guerra to be shot out of a cannon on to the moon for being a dumb merkin giving away penalties
- Barnett, see guerra
- Hunt to f**k off for moga/Ross/maituita when fit
- Lee, see Hunt
- Fitzgibbon to get the ball. Ponga doesn’t know how to use him
- Ramien, see fitz
- Pearce to cop an almighty ear bashing for being lazy