What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R6 Fri - Storm 20-21* Roosters @ AAMI

Round 6: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
JWH is underrated but I'd say there are a few props ahead of him. More if you take props as "middle forwards".

But that's good for the Roosters IMO. He's never going to be on Taupau or Taumolololololol money, probably not even on Junior Paulo money (and JWH is a shitload better defender for sure) but at his best he's close enough to being as good as those guys.

Having had Taupau in my team I’d take JWH any day of the week. Marty is a horrible defender. He made John fcking Sutton look like SBW once.

lazza

Juniors
Even Froggy sees the truth.

All were blatant "levelling" type decisions with the refs riding a wave to get the Storm back into it. A bit like playing Mario Kart on catch up mode, where if you're massively behind you just break the laws of reality to catch up to make it interesting.

It wouldnt be so bad if applied consistently... it's when one team always gets the levelling more than others that gets fans riled up.

jargan83

Coach
Even Froggy sees the truth.

The forward pass try was shocking. The penalty on the stroke of half time for a dive was horrendous. And the Vunivalu dive for another penalty was even worse.

All were blatant "levelling" type decisions with the refs riding a wave to get the Storm back into it. A bit like playing Mario Kart on catch up mode, where if you're massively behind you just break the laws of reality to catch up to make it interesting.

I watched it this afternoon as I missed most of it last night and the square ups were ridiculous. Someone needs to give Vunivalu an academy award for the “collision” with Latrell Mitchell. It was like a sniper in the crowd got him.

All that was needed was for Cameron’s Smith to pull out a spiky shell and throw it at Boyd Cordner.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It happens in every f**king game where any side gets a run of penalties.

The merkins have been squaring games up for years now. We got a particularly awful one against Souths last season for eg...it's so obvious but it just keeps happening. It can't be anything but a directive from above surely

Last year when Easts were belting Manly 36-0 or whatever it was at halftime Bill Harrigan commentating on radio said ‘in games like this as a referee you have to have empathy for the spectacle. Nobody wants to see a game this one sided.’ Essentially he was saying the referees needed to get Manly back in the game. I was completely gobsmacked he was so open about it. Harrigan was the worst thing that ever happened to refereeing. He was always about the contest, not the rules.

TheFrog

Coach
I’ve never understood the bad wrap JWH gets from some fans.
Appears to have completely destroyed the career of Reagan Campbell Gillard. The refs and MRC all saw nothing wrong with it so who am I to argue, but the bloke hasn't been the same since, not even close. JWH is obviously a very strong and tough fellow but he's got the thug in him too.

Bazal

Post Whore
Last year when Easts were belting Manly 36-0 or whatever it was at halftime Bill Harrigan commentating on radio said ‘in games like this as a referee you have to have empathy for the spectacle. Nobody wants to see a game this one sided.’ Essentially he was saying the referees needed to get Manly back in the game. I was completely gobsmacked he was so open about it. Harrigan was the worst thing that ever happened to refereeing. He was always about the contest, not the rules.

Don't even get me started on that f**kstain Harrigan.

I still get unreasonably angry when I think about the way he addressed THAT game in Newcastle in his book...

Bazal

Post Whore
Appears to have completely destroyed the career of Reagan Campbell Gillard. The refs and MRC all saw nothing wrong with it so who am I to argue, but the bloke hasn't been the same since, not even close. JWH is obviously a very strong and tough fellow but he's got the thug in him too.

RCG was overrated to begin with, tbh. I'd suggest it's more a case of him having a standout season or so and then reverting to type...

Haffa

Don't even get me started on that f**kstain Harrigan.

I still get unreasonably angry when I think about the way he addressed THAT game in Newcastle in his book...
I’d completely forgotten about that game.

GongPanther

Referee
I have always been an advocate of premiership games end in a draw after 80 mins but last night I was estactic that the Roosters won and its the first and only time I have been happy a team has won in GP ( apart from the 2010 semi against the Tigers was which was different because their had to be a result that night). I was at the Adelaide game in 2017 where the Roosters beat Storm in GP, Roosters didn’t derserve to get the 2pts that night, Melbourne were the better side but the way the Roosters scored two late tries and Michael Gordon kicked pressure conversions from opposite sidelines meant that both teams should have got 1 point each, unfortunately it seems GP is here to stay with the NRL hinting there may be changes to it next season but no mention of them getting rid of it.
I think players who play the game wish they got something for the effort.

GongPanther

Referee
If all the props in the NRL were in a large shared Thai prison cell with only one bed, JWH would get that bed. And the others would take shifts fanning him with palm leaves.

As for Bromwich, he'd be holding one of JWHs turned out pockets as they walked the prison. Woods would be holding the other.
Pack mentality would have him murdered so they could time share the bed equally.

Zadar

Juniors
If you have the game recorded watch carefully at the way Cam Smith tackles always attacking the head of the player

After watching the Sunday footy show, to bring another grub into it, after finucane brilliantly hits Collins and dislodges the ball, Bromwich then grabs him around the neck, flings him to the ground, and puts a nice discreet knee into his head, are they coached to do this too after the Munster incidents In The GF?

There is hating to lose, then there is sore losers, Bellamy and his team epitomise this, in the press conference he said roosters lucky with first two tries as they came from penalties, storm won the count 10-5, but they seem like a “fair” team, must be the first time he has used fair in any sense.

Generalzod

Immortal
After watching the Sunday footy show, to bring another grub into it, after finucane brilliantly hits Collins and dislodges the ball, Bromwich then grabs him around the neck, flings him to the ground, and puts a nice discreet knee into his head, are they coached to do this too after the Munster incidents In The GF?

There is hating to lose, then there is sore losers, Bellamy and his team epitomise this, in the press conference he said roosters lucky with first two tries as they came from penalties, storm won the count 10-5, but they seem like a “fair” team, must be the first time he has used fair in any sense.
Zadar they still think they Should have won the 2016 grand final, they have a sense of entitlement and arrogance about them..Manly don’t like them, They have issues with the Sharks, and now the Roosters ..funny all the clubs that have beaten them in a Grand final..

Zadar

Juniors
Zadar they still think they Should have won the 2016 grand final, they have a sense of entitlement and arrogance about them..Manly don’t like them, They have issues with the Sharks, and now the Roosters ..funny all the clubs that have beaten them in a Grand final..

Yep usually there is a good hate between clubs like, roosters-Souths, sharks-dragons and so on, but with the storm for most clubs it seems like a genuine hate,

when Cordner mentioned to the ref that JWH initially contact wasn’t to the head, but came off the ball first, smith laughed like it was the most absurd comment he had heard in league, yet he has no problem with the twists,pressure points, grapple that they constantly do, looking back now, it was so good that he missed the grand final where they got belted by 40-0, it broke the roosters 38-0 record, but now I am totally happy that the storm own that embarrassing result.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep usually there is a good hate between clubs like, roosters-Souths, sharks-dragons and so on, but with the storm for most clubs it seems like a genuine hate,

when Cordner mentioned to the ref that JWH initially contact wasn’t to the head, but came off the ball first, smith laughed like it was the most absurd comment he had heard in league, yet he has no problem with the twists,pressure points, grapple that they constantly do, looking back now, it was so good that he missed the grand final where they got belted by 40-0, it broke the roosters 38-0 record, but now I am totally happy that the storm own that embarrassing result.

Not gonna lie, if that had been me I'd have found it so hard not to clock Smith there. Which is what he wants, but still.

Only if I was in Cordners body I mean. Even Smith would break me in two in my own. That said, if he can wrangle Barb he'd probably beat most NRL players....

lazza

Juniors
I

I just hate the fact that they gave a warning for third man in rather than reversing the penalty. For future games, just be the first third man in and cop the warning and just shove faces/necks a little - nothing happens. So funny when the warning was given, Cordner just said - well they ran in just then!

Zadar

Juniors
Not gonna lie, if that had been me I'd have found it so hard not to clock Smith there. Which is what he wants, but still.

Only if I was in Cordners body I mean. Even Smith would break me in two in my own. That said, if he can wrangle Barb he'd probably beat most NRL players....

Haha, yep don’t think he gets away with much at home, she looked an angry figure last week on the sidelines in nth qld

Latest posts