What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

AJB1102

First Grade
Bit low on Fox I'd think?

Can we get Kayo numbers? If not that'll leave big question marks over viewing audiences for all codes. I think I heard they were up to 100k subscribers.

Starkers

Bench
Bit low on Fox I'd think?

Can we get Kayo numbers? If not that'll leave big question marks over viewing audiences for all codes. I think I heard they were up to 100k subscribers.

it's an interesting question on kayo. is foxtel releasing these separately or as part of their foxtel numbers?

on the game, i think the change in concept might have seen less interest initially as no NRL stars would equate to that. but what about NZ viewership? any ideas on that, surely some popularity over there?

Diesel

Referee
Does the NRL release viewing numbers for the trials on their website last weekend?

Stallion

First Grade
International tripple header on November 2nd in Eden Park Auckland will be virtually hidden from the eastern seaboard tv viewing public of Australia. The games(Kangaroos v Tonga, Lions v Kiwis etc) will be on during the afternoon*(Australian time)whilst events like Darby day races are on in Melbourne. So the tripple header will be concealed from the most lucrative tv market in Australia due to such timeslots. Perhaps the kids may be able to watch it but the mainstream public will not. Once again the administrators have seen to the constrainment of the code internationally. Very poor scheduling again!

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
International tripple header on November 2nd in Carlaw Park Auckland will be virtually hidden from the eastern seaboard tv viewing public of Australia. The games(Kangaroos v Tonga, Lions v Kiwis etc) will be on during the afternoon*(Australian time)whilst events like Darby day races are on in Melbourne. So the tripple header will be concealed from the most lucrative tv market in Australia due to such timeslots. Perhaps the kids may be able to watch it but the mainstream public will not. Once again the administrators have seen to the constrainment of the code internationally. Very poor scheduling again!

RL hasn't been played at Carlaw Park for decades and the triple header certainly won't be.

Also, why will they be concealed exactly? Do you have the broadcast details for these events? I'd imagine the league will be 9 and the racing on 7.... so what?

Stallion

First Grade
RL hasn't been played at Carlaw Park for decades and the triple header certainly won't be.

Also, why will they be concealed exactly? Do you have the broadcast details for these events? I'd imagine the league will be 9 and the racing on 7.... so what?

I meant Eden park. Amended.Thanks!

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade

Most people are out and about. This is not a prime timeslot!

Canard

Immortal
Code in Crisis!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/he...-shock-waves-through-nrl-20190223-p50zue.html

This clown argues there has been a “massive exodus of fans from the game” based solely on comparing ratings of one game to that of different game from last year

He is still harping on about it today.

He fails to mention that it's out of season, is still a very new concept and MOST importantly competed head to head with a Big Bash final that included a Sydney team. (for the first time ever)

jimmee007

Juniors
I would assume that Kayo sports would be putting a huge dent into the ratings also. A lot of people that only had foxtel for the NRL would have cancelled and gone to Kayo. I know i have.

Canard

Immortal
I would assume that Kayo sports would be putting a huge dent into the ratings also. A lot of people that only had foxtel for the NRL would have cancelled and gone to Kayo. I know i have.

I know I will be, just waiting till next Thursday to maximise my free 14 days.

Starkers

Bench
He is still harping on about it today.

He fails to mention that it's out of season, is still a very new concept and MOST importantly competed head to head with a Big Bash final that included a Sydney team. (for the first time ever)

he is also saying that the charity shield was -31% from last year. i'm a dragons fan, and it is usually a big deal. this year seemed to slip past a little, but in fact we have Bennett at the Bunnies now, i would have thought it would be bigger.

i can only link this to de belin, or perhaps it is an aberration. who knows. it's not a positive, but it is only a trial and it was taken out of the city and to a regional area (Mudgee) so perhaps that affected?

Stallion

First Grade
he is also saying that the charity shield was -31% from last year. i'm a dragons fan, and it is usually a big deal. this year seemed to slip past a little, but in fact we have Bennett at the Bunnies now, i would have thought it would be bigger.

i can only link this to de belin, or perhaps it is an aberration. who knows. it's not a positive, but it is only a trial and it was taken out of the city and to a regional area (Mudgee) so perhaps that affected?

Yes. Agree . The charity shield wasn't pumped up like it has been in past seasons. Interesting. If the focus is on football from the mainstream media then we should expect good ratings figures despite a Thursday night kick off for the opener.

Last edited:

Latest posts