What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd 21: Non Parra games

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
RGC made 92 metres / 34 pcm / 1 offload. / 1 tackle bust in 33 mins, so his attack is fairly decent but his defence was poor 17 tackles for 4 misses.

There is potential there. If Paulo plays 55-60 mins having RCG could give us that “big attacking body” while he is off.

However yeah based on last night you wouldn’t want to be paying him anywhere near what his current contract is worth.

hindy111

Post Whore
What other play makers are 21yrs and under in the NRL and playing regular NRL?

CLIFFORD
D.BROWN
CLEARY

Manly have a young guy as do warriors but neither have cemented a spot.
Clearys is at this stage the best young half in the NRL. D.Brown is going to be a chased asset soon due to lack of young halves currently.

strider

Post Whore
Interesting that BA asked that we be allowed to play Drown last year, but was denied.
Mmmm i found it odd that 2 halves injuries/suspension meant they didnt have another player in a 30 man squad

Who have we got that the nrl would see as halves options?
Moses, drown, salmon, w smith, taka

84 Baby

Referee
Mmmm i found it odd that 2 halves injuries/suspension meant they didnt have another player in a 30 man squad

Who have we got that the nrl would see as halves options?
Moses, drown, salmon, w smith, taka
Gutho, David Gower...

We’re going to need a lot of injuries to get an exemption to play that Blondie-Ono kid

Gronk

Staff member
Gutho, David Gower...

We’re going to need a lot of injuries to get an exemption to play that Blondie-Ono kid
This year we have Rhys Davies in the top 30. He goes ok. Pretty good organiser kicking game and gk. Nothing flash but honest and reliable from what I have seen.

emjaycee

Coach
What other play makers are 21yrs and under in the NRL and playing regular NRL?

CLIFFORD
D.BROWN
CLEARY

Manly have a young guy as do warriors but neither have cemented a spot.
Clearys is at this stage the best young half in the NRL. D.Brown is going to be a chased asset soon due to lack of young halves currently.
Cleary... blah blah blah... yawn!!

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think he is a superstar.
But at 21 he is the best young half in game.
Maybe it says more about the players coming through.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think he is a superstar.
But at 21 he is the best young half in game.
Maybe it says more about the players coming through.
Quit making excuses for his age !

The reason people are critical of him is that he is the origin 7. Everyone can see that he is a good young half. However most remain puzzled why he has been gifted the NSW gig. The best I can come up with is that it was a Steven Bradbury selection.

Being the NSW half brings with it an expectation that he should play like that most weeks - and he doesn’t. It’s not a form thing either. He never has.

Last night was promising, but some of those gaps that he ran through were Corey Pearson wide. He did good, but when you are on $1M you need to do that nearly every week. Otherwise merkins are going to say he’s an imposter. Which he is.

strider

Post Whore
I think people are overly harsh on cleary. He is good ... and he plays to instruction - not some erratic merkin who goes MIA 3 weeks out of every 4

If Drown threw a dummy and ran in a try like Cleary last night people here would splooge man juice about it

Gronk

Staff member
I think people are overly harsh on cleary. He is good ... and he plays to instruction - not some erratic merkin who goes MIA 3 weeks out of every 4

If Drown threw a dummy and ran in a try like Cleary last night people here would splooge man juice about it
100% he is a good young kid with promise. But he is not origin level.