What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wests ISP full squad announced on Wed:

Braden Robson, Cowen Epere, Dylan Clifford, Elia Faatui, Harry O'Toole, Jack Miller, Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu, Kane McQuiggin, Kauri (Kodi) Aupori-Puketapu, Lucas Price, Patrice Siolo, Soni Luke, Watson Heleta

Joker44

Juniors
That means Wenty have lost Arana Taumata, Josiah Tomasi, Daniel Dole, Magnus Stromquist, Nathan Davis, Kurt DeLuis, Abbas Miski, Sam Gorman, Jordan Latham, Jack Morris, Nathan Milone, Zach Nicholls, Josh Tangitau - not a bad side - has Wenty run out of money?

Know one likes the coach apparently

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ok that’s good. Is it their first time in SS ?
Same club that was in the (then) NSWRL premiership back in 1920-1937 isn't it?

As I understand they played in the RMC equivalent Metro Leagues in the 60's and 70's but I don't recall them being in RMC or SS in the last decade.

kbw

Bench
Sydney Uni entering the Sydney Shield comp in 2019.

thats interesting , I know they have been trying to step up a level (or 20) for a while.
My initial thoughts are this is great as it gives options outside of the West for playing reasonable competitions. I also think they will have to recruit heavily as the universities comp is several levels below SS

MountainMan

Juniors
Same club that was in the (then) NSWRL premiership back in 1920-1937 isn't it?

As I understand they played in the RMC equivalent Metro Leagues in the 60's and 70's but I don't recall them being in RMC or SS in the last decade.

That is correct,they played in the metro league in the 60s. And were an original top league level .

Syd Uni,Ryde and Windsor are the new clubs in SS according to an email sent to current clubs but NSWRL

rightleftin

Juniors
Where will sydney uni play their home games???

No idea where they will play next year but this year there were only 4 teams in the University comp and all games were played at either Macquarie Uni, Kellyville or Blackmore (Leichhardt) so Uni had no ground until they played the Grand Final at the Uni Rugby Ground.

Butts74

Juniors
I know Sydney uni played at Henson park a couple years ago , maybe they could play there home games there.

rightleftin

Juniors
I know Sydney uni played at Henson park a couple years ago , maybe they could play there home games there.

Newtown had Uni on the undercard because when Cabra was their feeder team all the games were played at Cabra, However, when Glebe Burwood became Newtown's feeder they agreed to play most of their games at Henson. I suppose 3 clubs could share the ground.

Peejay13

Juniors
Don't Sydney Uni have a few grounds they use for cricket? Surely they could use one for their league side?

rightleftin

Juniors
Don't Sydney Uni have a few grounds they use for cricket? Surely they could use one for their league side?

They used to play League, Rugby and Oz rules on no 1 and no 2 but that with the main ground cut up during winter it caused problems for the wicket on no 1, so a few years ago the No 2 was converted into a Rugby ground with a grandstand built, however, you have to look at the relativities, the Rugby club is full of Wallabies and Waratahs and the league roster is not at the moment even SS standard, so league access to the ground has been limited to last years' tertiary GF.

There is another ground at the back St Johns College, also used for Rugby, there may have a chance of securing this ground.

Peejay13

Juniors
I also noticed the other day that Erskineville Oval had League posts, I hadn't been past it for years but I remember it used to have AFL posts.
Maybe they could utilize that beautiful old ground?

Latest posts