What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 State of Origin Game 3

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I understand that contact to the head has to be avoided, but the Simms tackle was not late or reckless or dangerous. Unfortunate that the tackled player's head impacted Simm's chest but can't some tackles be accidents anymore ?

thought he was gone as soon as I saw it, I'd say the HIA was the straw that broke him

NRL are getting a bit toey on brain damage atm, so I really wasn't surprised

Gronk

Staff member
thought he was gone as soon as I saw it, I'd say the HIA was the straw that broke him

NRL are getting a bit toey on brain damage atm, so I really wasn't surprised

See from my POV it is not that a merkin gets a knock on the head which is the start and finish of the case.

High school legal studies will teach you that life is far more complex than that.

"Causation" needs proof that a person's actions were a necessary condition of the consequence. It needs to be established by proving that the consequence would not have happened but for the person's conduct.

Gronk

Staff member
You think he might have tripped and hit his head?
I think we have all seen charges where a player was "falling" and was hit in the head. Mennings (?) was binned and served time for such an incident IIRC.

I think there has also been cases where a swinging arm has bounced off the ball and ended up on the ball carrier's chin, which has resulted in suspensions.

I think we have all seen charges where a player was "falling" and was hit in the head. Mennings (?) was binned and served time for such an incident IIRC.

I think there has also been cases where a swinging arm has bounced off the ball and ended up on the ball carrier's chin, which has resulted in suspensions.
I don't think there's anything wrong with the tackle, just being a smartarse and pointing out that if he doesn't tackle him he's unlikely to hit his head. But it's a farce.

Bazal

Post Whore
The suspension is ridiculous but it's worked out fine cos Klemmer should have been the player picked anyway

Noise

Coach
I dont have a problem with Pearce coming straight in but why was it suggested that Gutho come as he was supposedly picked as a standby for Cleary.

I reckon it was more that they they wanted to stick with the same 19 man squad as last game. The Sims suspension and Cleary injury caused them to change it.

muznik

Juniors
Cleary out, Mitchell Pearce in.

Sauce: Erin Molan.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Pearce has been playing great but has past history and the bigger issue IMHO is both him & Maloney can be pretty domineering. I hope they don't just spend all game arguing & fighting for the ball.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Pearce has been playing great but has past history and the bigger issue IMHO is both him & Maloney can be pretty domineering. I hope they don't just spend all game arguing & fighting for the ball.
They should just listen to Gal

Noise

Coach
Anyone used the https://www.watchnrl.com/ service when overseas? I'll be away for the week of origin and our game against the tigers. Thinking of buying the weekly pass but want to know if it's easy to cancel after 1 week?

Eelogical

Referee
The suspension is ridiculous but it's worked out fine cos Klemmer should have been the player picked anyway
I'm cynical enough to think that Freddy had a good idea of the outcome of the Sims charge beforehand. By not selecting Klemmer in the first instance (knowing he would be selecting him after Sims got the heave ho) he is getting better at playing ducks and drakes.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Anyone used the https://www.watchnrl.com/ service when overseas? I'll be away for the week of origin and our game against the tigers. Thinking of buying the weekly pass but want to know if it's easy to cancel after 1 week?

Easy as f**k, just start a bank account in your youngest child's name and deposit only enough to cover the week, then forget about it.