What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020/21 Offseason - Knights

AN emotional Mitchell Pearce has struggled to hold back tears in his first public address following the texting drama that has cost him the Newcastle captaincy.

Standing alongside Knights coach Adam O'Brien on Thursday morning, Pearce said it had been "a traumatic few weeks for my personal life and those I love".

"Unfortunately my actions have impacted the team and more importantly the people I have closest to me and Kristin and my family," he said.

"I've taken steps to address these issues but I feel it would be in the best interests of the club for me step down as captain for the season.

"I love this club and I love my family.

"I'm committed to working as hard as I can to be the best man I can be both on and off the field."

He was confident the saga wouldn't negatively impact the club's 2021 NRL campaign, where they'll look to build on last season's finals appearance.

Yosh

Coach
I feel like the only way this incident won't negatively affect our season, is if Pearce is dropped from the side to start the season. Let him earn his place again and then we will really know whether or not he really cares about the club.

mozza91

Coach
I feel like the only way this incident won't negatively affect our season, is if Pearce is dropped from the side to start the season. Let him earn his place again and then we will really know whether or not he really cares about the club.
Green is out for the start of the year isn’t he? Start the year with Mann and Crossland in the halves? I’d imagine that would negatively effect our season too.

Yosh

Coach
Any news or updates about anything? Seems awfully quiet this off season. I guess no news is good news though... Especially when it comes to the Knights.

Jono078

Referee
Oh since then it's been revealed that Ponga and Watson are leading a new bikie gang and have been causing mischief around Newcastle.

Lol come on Yoshie what are you hoping for :p

Let's just hope they're all doing what's required to get us to the next level.

Yosh

Coach
Oh since then it's been revealed that Ponga and Watson are leading a new bikie gang and have been causing mischief around Newcastle.

Lol come on Yoshie what are you hoping for :p

Let's just hope they're all doing what's required to get us to the next level.

Bikie gang? Joisus...

Maybe the lads don't need a proper off season. Just have them locked up somewhere and train for 5 months before the season proper.

mozza91

Coach
I’m hearing Jacob Saifiti got in a blue with Boyd Cordner’s sister and broke the other leg.

Jono078

Referee
I blame Yosh! There's the news you were seeking.

We should start an injury predictions thread, would be fun as a Knights supporter.

PhilGould

Bench
Barry Toohey's predicted round 1 team

1. Tex Hoy
2. Edrick Lee
3. Bradman Best
4. Enari Tuala
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Jacob Saifiti
15. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
16. Suaso Sue
17. Josh King/Pasami Saulo

Jono078

Referee
I can't see Watson starting and not having some sort of utility off the bench. Especially with both he and Brailey coming off significant injuries.

PhilGould

Bench
Watson will still be the de facto utility, he'll just also be in the starting 13. Easy to bring a forward on and move Watson around when needed

Loose Cannon

Bench
Barry Toohey believes Brailey will play 80. If we can get that out of Watson, (I know, different job, different circumstances), but wouldn’t it be great if we could ease our forward rotation to accommodate 8 swaps amongst 4 positions.

Personally, I would use Watson as 14, but if this works, we could have “fresh” pigs all game.

Yosh

Coach
Barry Toohey believes Brailey will play 80. If we can get that out of Watson, (I know, different job, different circumstances), but wouldn’t it be great if we could ease our forward rotation to accommodate 8 swaps amongst 4 positions.

Personally, I would use Watson as 14, but if this works, we could have “fresh” pigs all game.

I just hope we can keep them fit for the whole season. I've always liked Watson and hopefully his new running style really helps him stay fit.

Latest posts