What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Championship

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

EPrehWDUYAEJX2A

deluded pom?

Coach
Toulouse 22 - York 10
Error riddled performance from TO. York tried hard but showed little on attack. TO had a man sent off (White) for kicking out when stood over the York ball carrier after the tackle was completed yet still managed to win the game with a man down. J Vaivai scored right on time to give TO a flattering scoreline.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Error riddled performance from TO. York tried hard but showed little on attack. TO had a man sent off (White) for kicking out when stood over the York ball carrier after the tackle was completed yet still managed to win the game with a man down. J Vaivai scored right on time to give TO a flattering scoreline.
Lot of new players in the Toulouse team for this year so naturally they’ll need time to click but for me it’s between them and Leigh for promotion.

adamkungl

Immortal
Heard that TO have roughly doubled their typical crowd in their move to the new stadium?
Round 1 of a new season is very early days yet before we draw any amazing conclusions but perhaps this is something for London Broncos to keep an eye on.
They would be hesitant for yet another move but I think last year made it pretty clear that Ealing Trailfinders isn't really suitable for Super League. Too park-footy, too far out of the way, unlikely to capture any wider public interest.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Heard that TO have roughly doubled their typical crowd in their move to the new stadium?
Round 1 of a new season is very early days yet before we draw any amazing conclusions but perhaps this is something for London Broncos to keep an eye on.
They would be hesitant for yet another move but I think last year made it pretty clear that Ealing Trailfinders isn't really suitable for Super League. Too park-footy, too far out of the way, unlikely to capture any wider public interest.
RE: Toulouse, it looks as though they have had a spike, the 3,100-odd there was well up on the crowds they were getting at Ernest-Argeles last year:

R2 - 2189
R3 - 1707
R7 - 1388
R9 - 2251

That said, the one match they did play at the new ground last year (v Wolfpack) was 6103 in R6.

As for London, absolutely need somewhere new. No room for growth at Trailfinders and as you say it's not really accessible. If we want more eyes on RL in the south, strengthening the Broncos is vital

Perth Red

Post Whore
Broncos need to make a long term home at the new Brentford Stadium. Perfect stadium for them. Close to train and M4, perfect size for SL

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Broncos need to make a long term home at the new Brentford Stadium. Perfect stadium for them. Close to train and M4, perfect size for SL
Union club London Irish are playful there. The broncos should target other lower league football clubs like Barnet, Leyton orient, Wimbledon or millwall etc.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Union club London Irish are playful there. The broncos should target other lower league football clubs like Barnet, Leyton orient, Wimbledon or millwall etc.

so? they played at same ground as harlequins. With SL being largely a summer game and soccer and Union winter shouldn’t be that big an issue having three tenants and as it’s council owned I’m sure they’d welcome the rent.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
so? they played at same ground as harlequins. With SL being largely a summer game and soccer and Union winter shouldn’t be that big an issue having three tenants and as it’s council owned I’m sure they’d welcome the rent.
I doubt they’d want 3 codes playing on the turf all year round.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I doubt they’d want 3 codes playing on the turf all year round.

with modern grass technology I’m not sure there are any benefits to it sitting unused for a few months? more problematic for them will be soccer which needs a flat surface and union being played same time I’d have thought?

there’d be about a 4 month cross over for soccer/union and league. Feb-May.

Last edited:

Walter sobchak

First Grade
with modern grass technology I’m not sure there are any benefits to it sitting unused for a few months? more problematic for them will be soccer which needs a flat surface and union being played same time I’d have thought?

there’d be about a 4 month cross over for soccer/union and league. Feb-May.
Just can't see 3 codes of football being accepted. 2 yes but not 3.