What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

BTown324

Juniors
Nothing says Peak NRL like playing a pre season tournament in Perth in February on a weekday into Valentine’s Day evening.

franklin2323

Immortal
Timmah can we now confirm playing on a Friday afternoon was a fcking stupid idea? I know you like to wait for the result before making a prediction Lol.

It really should of been a given that was poor schedule.., some people tow the party line I guess

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah can we now confirm playing on a Friday afternoon was a fcking stupid idea? I know you like to wait for the result before making a prediction Lol.
Your comprehension ability is poor. I don't recall anywhere where I actually said playing on Friday afternoon was a good idea.

Try differentiate between someone playing devils advocate and trying to help understand reasons for decisions rather than just railing against something for the sake of it. For the local market, it absolutely was a shit call. For east-coast TV, where the majority of viewers are though - made perfect sense, as @adamkungl said.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hardly anyone there yet, can’t understand why people don’t want to turn out at 10am lol.

Springs09

Juniors
Could have easily been 5.30 - 9.30 in WA if Friday night was compulsory. We've had 8.30 games here before and most telecasts go to 10.30 or 11 and it's Friday night. A better crowd in Perth would have been worth losing viewers who wouldn't watch the late games after 11 on the East Coast. The games finishing up at 8 in Perth, which is usually when NRL games start, is insane.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could have easily been 5.30 - 9.30 in WA if Friday night was compulsory. We've had 8.30 games here before and most telecasts go to 10.30 or 11 and it's Friday night. A better crowd in Perth would have been worth losing viewers who wouldn't watch the late games after 11 on the East Coast. The games finishing up at 8 in Perth, which is usually when NRL games start, is insane.

if the nrl weren’t totally inept the event would have been saturday 1pm-8.30pm, sunday 1pm-7pm. But nrl is dumb as a bag of spanners so we end up with yet another damp squib of an event when it could have been so much better.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Does Val Day really impact anyone's schedule?

Regardless...go out, watch footy, home in time for a late dinner if you must.

Last Week

Bench
With the amount of contempt the NRL have treated this year's Nines, they should have just made it a one day event of a straight knockout tournament. (15 matches which is the same as today)

The women's comp can stay as around robin plus final (7 matches)

Then throw in some gimmick legends match.

Latest posts