What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

undertaker

Coach
Any reason why Parramatta vs South Sydney next week is at Bankwest Stadium instead of ANZ? ANZ would've attracted a larger crowd.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Any reason why Parramatta vs South Sydney next week is at Bankwest Stadium instead of ANZ? ANZ would've attracted a larger crowd.
Strange call. Parra is the home team but usually second week of finals are at the main venues. So max is 15k, surely would have got at least double that at ANZ?

The_Frog

First Grade
Bankwest is listed as one of the grounds suitable for hosting finals beyond week 1, and its a Parramatta home final. The NRL could have changed its rules for this year only if it had wanted.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Yep NRL just doesn’t care about crowds this year, which is fair enough
PVL loves to throw barbs at the AFL, but, aside from re-starting a week earlier, he actually hasn’t had a win. NRL has been absolutely smashed in the ratings so I thought that the chance to knock off the AFL for bigger crowds across the finals series for the first time in history might have had some appeal? Still 50/50 to do so, but 30k+ at ANZ this weekend would have made it a near certainty.

Pole

Juniors
PVL loves to throw barbs at the AFL, but, aside from re-starting a week earlier, he actually hasn’t had a win. NRL has been absolutely smashed in the ratings so I thought that the chance to knock off the AFL for bigger crowds across the finals series for the first time in history might have had some appeal? Still 50/50 to do so, but 30k+ at ANZ this weekend would have made it a near certainty.
It's Parra's home game and they should have the right to host it in their home stadium, regardless of capacity and as long as it fits the criteria. Why would you want to give away home ground advantage in such a crucial game?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
buT hE gOt ThE cOmP rEsTaRtEd

Jamberoo

Juniors
It's Parra's home game and they should have the right to host it in their home stadium, regardless of capacity and as long as it fits the criteria. Why would you want to give away home ground advantage in such a crucial game?
My point is that the NRL should not have made a stadium that holds only 15k one of the options for a game that could draw double that. If Penrith had lost, they would not have been able to choose Penrith.

Reactions: siv

franklin2323

Immortal
My point is that the NRL should not have made a stadium that holds only 15k one of the options for a game that could draw double that. If Penrith had lost, they would not have been able to choose Penrith.

No but we would of got the choice between SCG, ANZ and Bankwest... Shouldn't let the clubs decide

Perth Red

Post Whore
How many were at Suncorp for Storm game? I thought it was 75% available but didnt look like top tier was open at all? Just not enough tickets sold?

Kamara

Juniors
How many were at Suncorp for Storm game? I thought it was 75% available but didnt look like top tier was open at all? Just not enough tickets sold?

Not sure but the atmosphere was good. Players said it took a while to adjust to.

T-Boon

Coach

The NRL should just change that it is home ground advantage that you earn if you are a Sydney team to you earn the right for your supporters to get the first crack at seats at ANZ.
Parra's greatest win of the last 30 years (v Dogs 09) was at ANZ in front of 45k Eels fans and 25k Dogs fans.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Parra v South sold out quickly - around 14k. Guessing from availability around half of 23k sold for Roosters game.

siv

First Grade
Lots of free tickets now being offered to the Easts game. And you will have the SCG members of 10k

Latest posts