What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NFL Week 1 thread

nick87

Coach
I've NEVER bought the James Conner hype. The guy actually kind of sucks and always has.
Im not even joking about this, and i know it will never happen because water, bridges and all that stuff... but Pitt should absolute trade for Lev Bell

Frederick

Staff member
Ready to call it, got to run with him the rest of the year, Conner can go back to be a decent back up before moving on in 2021.
Connor can't hit a gap. He wants to play like Bell, waiting for ages for gaps to develop, but he hasn't got the vision or quick burst speed that Bell had

Frederick

Staff member
I've NEVER bought the James Conner hype. The guy actually kind of sucks and always has.
Im not even joking about this, and i know it will never happen because water, bridges and all that stuff... but Pitt should absolute trade for Lev Bell
I'd have him back in a heartbeat. And if he cares about getting back to the top tier, he should come back. Our system suits his game perfectly.

Or he can stay in NY and fade away into obscurity

Connor has the feel good story to it, but I've never warmed to him as a RB1. He's way too inconsistent and gets injured too easily/often

nick87

Coach
That's exactly what Conner is, a heartwarming story everyone roots for, but yeah, he just sucks. He's a power short yardage back, he lacks vision, no short yardage burst and he never makes anyone miss.

PIT would need to do some minor reworking of the cap to create a few million, but PIT sending a conditional 4th that could become a 3rd if certain performance measures were hit...

Jets get a pick for a player they dont want or like, and who wont be there next year
Pit get a RB they know can work well in their system for a post season run
Lev will probably go back with a greater appreciation for what it is to play for a competent and professional franchise

And if it didnt work out, Lev has not gtd money on his deal beyond this year, Pit could just cut him and move on.
literally everyone wins. No one will convince me this isnt a good deal for every party

Latest posts