What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Adelaide

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
Just pointing out what a bog average player he actually is and not the f**king second coming of christ like the media and panthers fans claim he is.
The media are nothing but professional trolls. Their papers are the equivalent of toilet block graffiti

stryker

First Grade
NSW has always loved picking blokes out of position. Goes back to the days of putting Joey at hooker so they could fit Kimmorley in.

Hell they've even had a go at starting the captain from the bench ffs.

I hope Klemmer never returns to the Origin arena, at least until we have a coach who isn't a space cadet and knows what he's doing. Fittler thinks he can demand respect, but doesn't offer it to some of our accomplished players. Respect is a two-way street.
Joey was at hooker so they could fit him in. Noddy was first choice half.

soc123_au

Staff member
Just pointing out what a bog average player he actually is and not the f**king second coming of christ like the media and panthers fans claim he is.
I agree some of the media hype has been over the top, they tend to do that with a lot of players. Getting the RLPA player of the year award would suggest that the people he plays with & against consider him to be much better than "bog average"

He is yet to deliver in a big game, which is starting to become a bit of a concern. But the hate in this thread directed at him is over the top. Blaming him for not wiping Gutho & Toupo's arses when they f**ked up is just stupid. Blame him for his dropped ball & below average kicking by all means.

shear_joy9

Coach
I agree some of the media hype has been over the top, they tend to do that with a lot of players. Getting the RLPA player of the year award would suggest that the people he plays with & against consider him to be much better than "bog average"

He is yet to deliver in a big game, which is starting to become a bit of a concern. But the hate in this thread directed at him is over the top. Blaming him for not wiping Gutho & Toupo's arses when they f**ked up is just stupid. Blame him for his dropped ball & below average kicking by all means.

I'm not blaming him for those try's, it was Gutherson and Tupou's f**k up. Cleary did though have the opportunity to prevent the try's which he didn't.

Receiving a $1mill a year salary and all the awards justifies the increased criticism of his performances.

The_Frog

First Grade
I'm not blaming him for those try's, it was Gutherson and Tupou's f**k up. Cleary did though have the opportunity to prevent the try's which he didn't.

Receiving a $1mill a year salary and all the awards justifies the increased criticism of his performances.
He did his best each time, you can't do any more than that. He doesn't receive $1m for playing for NSW, he gets $10k per game for that, the same as the blokes who actually made the errors.

soc123_au

Staff member

It may have been someone else. During the game someone blamed him directly for the try after Toupo's offload attempt.

I have no problem with the criticism when it's deserved. He needs to deliver in the big games & soon. His biggest issue going forward is he isn't an instinctive player. He needs to play to his strengths & not worry to much about the highlight reel plays. His lead up work to JAC's first try is what he is good at. Take it to the line & create a bit of room for the outside men. Gutho threw the last pass so gets the assist in the stats, but Cleary played a big part in making the space. He needs to find his kicking form again too, the last 5 or so weeks it's been off.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Funny seeing some of the Captain Hindsight champions going back and laughing at the people in the 1st half saying the scoreline would be a blowout. I mean, NSW weren't playing well in the 1st half and yet were still a whole level better than Qld in attack AND defence.

What reasonable person wouldn't have been watching and thinking "When NSW clean up their ball handling this could get ugly?"

Unless you're Gus, and you just KNEW Qld would come out in the second half hitting the line at speed and spending the first 15 minutes up their end of the field?

I would say it’s captain hindsight’s pointing out the errors from some captain foresight’s.

Agree?

Lebbo73

Bench
9 seconds is wasted from blowing the whistle to the clock stopping for Kafusi to f**k off.
Teddy is tackled at 79:53 by 2 defenders, 3 more pile on late. Ref calls time 6 seconds later.

Sutton ya cheap merkin.
How many times does everyone in here have to be told that rugby league games are manipulated. NSW will win game two in Sydney and now there will be a decider in Brissy instead of a dead rubber.

Reflector

Juniors
I would say it’s captain hindsight’s pointing out the errors from some captain foresight’s.

Agree?

Speaking only for myself, I wasn't thinking 'Qld can't win Game 1' because in my years watching Origin, every game is different and time and time again we've seen a side play really well in one game and then average the next.

Gus remains the King of Hindsight.

Reflector

Juniors
How many times does everyone in here have to be told that rugby league games are manipulated. NSW will win game two in Sydney and now there will be a decider in Brissy instead of a dead rubber.

Long been my frustration with Origin. Should be officiated like Test football and if one state cops a pasting or gets white-washed, let it happen. Again, it's this myth that "every Origin is a close one" becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The fact that qld won 8 straight series, with 3 dead rubbers in 07, 09 and 10, as well as 2016...with dead rubbers in 14 and 18...beg to differ.

The_Frog

First Grade
Gus remains the King of Hindsight.
He did point out well before the event the glaring balance problems with the NSW side, and the possibility that a Bennett-coached Queensland could well steamroll NSW in the forwards, things that should really have been obvious to anyone with a bit of knowledge of the game, but obviously weren't.

Reflector

Juniors
The fact that qld won 8 straight series, with 3 dead rubbers in 07, 09 and 10, as well as 2016...with dead rubbers in 14 and 18...beg to differ.

2016 should've been a white-wash, rubbish refereeing decisions in Game 3 that prevented it being so.

Reflector

Juniors
To be fair, NSW lost the 2012 series on a shit call, amongst the many rubs of the green qld got for a decade

Would rather have been white-washed in 2016 in exchange for winning the 2012 series:

Qld's run finishes at 6 in a row, and Daley is almost certainly shown the door in 2016, with Freddy coming in for 2017 and surely managing to oversee a NSW series win like it should've been.

Lebbo73

Bench
It’s a State of Origin series in November when most people don’t care for league. Circumstances are different to previous years. This match was always going to be a Qld win. NSW will win in Sydney and then Origin 3 will be a ratings winner.