What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF1 - Panthers 20-16 Rabbitohs @ ANZ

Finals Week 3: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yobbo84

First Grade
Having calmed down a bit now, gees I'm proud of Souths effort last night. Clearly outclassed, injuries galore but they hung in there and nearly pulled off a courageous win.

On a side note, the refereeing of the ruck last night was atrocious all round. So many errors from both sides in the play-the-ball due to crowding, second efforts, hands on the ball, etc. Ruined the spectacle IMO, though to be fair it probably kept the game close.

Anyway, enjoy the win and GF week Panthers fans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Having calmed down a bit now, gees I'm proud of Souths effort last night. Clearly outclassed, injuries galore but they hung in there and nearly pulled off a courageous win.

On a side note, the refereeing of the ruck last night was atrocious all round. So many errors from both sides in the play-the-ball due to crowding, second efforts, hands on the ball, etc. Ruined the spectacle IMO, though to be fair it probably kept the game close.

Refs like close games. Last night was proof. Numerous 6 agains for both sides let go and as a result it was how the game was last year

soc123_au

Staff member

Pretty good assessment. Your boys never stopped trying, the last few minutes were torture as a Panthers fan. It should never have been that close, but at no point did souths throw in the towel. As shitty as it must feel to lose another prelim, they have had a bloody good season.

One thing the Panthers will need to improve on is their ball security from yesterday. If they make as many errors in the GF as they did last night, Melbourne will make them pay big time.

This Year?

Immortal
Solid thread, much better than the actual game.
My 3 2 1's
3: @Haynetrain. Some absolute rippers. My ribs are sore from laughing.
2: @SLRBRONCOS absolutely kills me with gifs and backhanded comnents. Outstanding.
1: @The Silverdale Phantom Those songs have to be played on the Matty Johns show or the fan. They are pure rugby league.

Back to the game, as a Souths hater I was frothing to watch them lose expecting the Panthers to walk this in and even though I got the result it ended with me feeling like a shit merkin. Besides all the drop ball, they managed to stay in it and after that ridiculously arsey try gave the Panthers some very nervous moments. Cody Walker showed some great sportsmanship during that game much to my surprise and seeing Cook struggle during the interview after the game got to me. Put the 3 players @yobbo84 said back said in an earlier post in that side and it could be a very different result. The last 2 months have been insane for Souths and if I was a Souths fan I'd be really proud.

As for the grand finalists, Manly fans must be distraught after watch Api at his scheming best and without him I think Souths win that game. After a week off teams are generally a bit flat and add in the nerves of a prelim it made the Panthers look on tilt, but although Cleary was quiet his kicking game along with Api's runs steadied the ship. Edwards had a wonderful game and the Panthers forwards did a great job to nullify Souths power game. It wasn't the prettiest game to watch but that game was always going to be about attrition. Great preparation for a grand final and enjoy every moment. Massive congrats!

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
One thing the Panthers will need to improve on is their ball security from yesterday. If they make as many errors in the GF as they did last night, Melbourne will make them pay big time.

On the eye test only. ANZ seems to have plenty of those poor handling games. Hopefully getting used to those conditions will help

blue bags

First Grade
images

Latest posts