What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R1 Sat - Panthers 20-14 Roosters @ Panthers

Round 1: Panthers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 1
Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters
Panthers Stadium, Penrith (TICKETS)
Saturday 14 March 2020

Gates 3:30pm • Jersey Flegg 3:50pm • Canterbury Cup 5:20pm • NRL kickoff 7:35pm

TL-PEN21.png

1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Zane Tetevano 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Stephen Crichton 15. James Fisher-Harris 16. Moses Leota 17. Jack Hetherington 18. Billy Burns 19. Matt Burton 20. Jed Cartwright 21. Kaide Ellis

TL-SYD20.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Angus Crichton 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Sitili Tupouniua 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Sam Verrills 15. Isaac Liu 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Matt Ikuvalu 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Asu Kepaoa

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Lower Grades:
Panthers v Bears @ Panthers
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sat 3:50pm
NSWRL Canterbury Cup, Sat 5:20pm
Knights v Roosters @ Cessnock
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sat 3:30pm​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Rorters have done well to keep their pre-season activities to as much of a minimum as possible, and I'm thinking it will take the Pennies awhile to get into their groove, if they do at all.

GongPanther

Referee
We were doing well V Parra last week until we made those 2nd half changes. But even accounting for that, the experience in the Roosters pack and their back line should be too much for us. Roosters by 8.

We will eventually get there, but for a few games under our belt when we finally find our best combinations.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Depends if i go with cleary in my halves in SC. If i dont, penrith score 20+ with nathan in everything. If i do it will be the worst attacking display of the opening round

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters are no chance
We are facing a lot of adversity this year and clubs like Penrith have everything going in their favour as usual.

Fangs

Coach
Roosters usually start shit, best time to get them.

Though if its the Pie Face Panthers of Round 1 2019 then it will be Roosters 30+. Total rabble last year.

GongPanther

Referee
Roosters usually start shit, best time to get them.

Though if its the Pie Face Panthers of Round 1 2019 then it will be Roosters 30+. Total rabble last year.
We had that Tyrone May indecent, plus there we 4 changes to our starting side V Parra in the 1st round last year, and yet we pushed them to the limit.

Don't be surprised if the Panthers look hot V the Roosters and blow them off the park. But this will hugely depend on the Panthers discipline improving out of sight in defense and ball security.

TheFrog

Coach
We had that Tyrone May indecent, plus there we 4 changes to our starting side V Parra in the 1st round last year, and yet we pushed them to the limit.
...and a 10-3 penalty count not in our favour. One of those 3 being Jennings high shot on Yeo which had concussion repercussions for some weeks.

Tyrone May indecent
Freudian slip of a deliberate nature?

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Cordner out again due to 'workload management'

Given J-Moz imminent arrival i am not in love with Crighton in the centres as a one off.

Would be better off with aubo there this week and Crighton to sure up the 2nd row.

GongPanther

Referee
...and a 10-3 penalty count not in our favour. One of those 3 being Jennings high shot on Yeo which had concussion repercussions for some weeks.

Freudian slip of a deliberate nature?

I watched the replay a day or so on Kayo, and because it was a condensed 30 min version, I didn't realise the pen count, so thanks.

And no...there was no May pun INtended. :) I did mean incident.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Probably the weakest roosters team on paper since 2016, however any side that includes Tedesco, Keary and those book ends is quality. I’d expect a decent team to make the most of this and get a 2 points that would otherwise allude them, I did say decent though, Easts 26-12