What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R11 Sun - Titans 14-22 Panthers @ Cbus Super

Round 11: Titans v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 11
Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina
Sunday 26 July 2020

Kickoff 4:05pm - Nine/9Now, Fox/Kayo

TL-GLD20a.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Anthony Don 3. Brian Kelly 4. Dale Copley 5. Phillip Sami 6. Ashley Taylor 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Moeaki Fotuaika 9. Erin Clark 10. Jaimin Jolliffe 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Keegan Hipgrave 13. Jai Arrow
Interchange: 14. Tanah Boyd 15. Sam Lisone 16. Tyrone Peachey 17. Jarrod Wallace 18. Sam Stone 19. Nathan Peats 20. Treymain Spry 21. Jai Whitbread

TL-PEN20a.png

1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Billy Burns 18. Matt Burton 19. Daine Laurie 20. Lindsay Smith 21. Pat Hollis

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Peter Gough, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

Valheru

Coach
Could be very tight.

Panthers, like parra and roosters were flat yesterday and i reckon titans are a better side than cowboys.

Titans also beat panthers on GC last year, i was there.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Could be very tight.

Panthers, like parra and roosters were flat yesterday and i reckon titans are a better side than cowboys.

It's true they beat us up there last year in Round 5 but we were in very poor form at the time and had nuffies like Katoa and Egan playing hooker compared to Koroisau now. Even with a few backs out there will be no excuses for losing to the Titans.

Valheru

Coach
It's true they beat us up there last year in Round 5 but we were in very poor form at the time and had nuffies like Katoa and Egan playing hooker compared to Koroisau now. Even with a few backs out there will be no excuses for losing to the Titans.

Meh i wont tip titans but it wouldn't be a shock to see an upset.

Panthers have been 'up' for a long time now and are due a dip just like parra and roosters.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Meh i wont tip titans but it wouldn't be a shock to see an upset.

Panthers have been 'up' for a long time now and are due a dip just like parra and roosters.

Yeah but that dip will probably come against Manly or Canberra. A loss to the Titans would undo some of our previous good work.

The_Frog

First Grade
67 missed tackles by us in that game. The first of 6 straight losses. We'd been rather fortunate to get past the Tigers the week before. There were a few changes that needed to be made at that point, a few malignancies to be cut out. If we miss that many tackles we'll lose again. We go up there this time chasing 6 straight wins. Things could not be more different. Broncos fans should take some solace from our situation but are probably too busy gnashing their teeth.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Could be very tight.

Cows were up for yesterday's game being that they knew it was to be Green's last game as coach. And when we had disruptions to our backline with those injuries, it wasn't going to be easy when the replacements were playing out of position. But thank god for Cleary and his amazing game.

I'll have to leave the Tits alone this week as a huge win by the Panthers is on the cards.

Us by 26.

Eelectrica

Referee
Justin Holbrook might have to start the training sessions with a power presentation - Hands and how the work. Featuring examples of people not dropping the ball 20 metres out from their own line.
Also a weblink on how to win NRL games - opposition teams will hate you for this but there's nothing they can do to stop you. Don't continue to turn possession over deep in your own territory.

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope struggling last week means Panthers won't be caught off guard this week. Edwards out likely brings back Aekins and there's barely any points in the Panthers with him in the team.

shear_joy9

Coach
No Koro and Aekins at fullback. Titans a chance now.

Panthers will struggle to score points relying solely on Cleary. The way the Titans are playing though they will give up a few try's just by dropping the ball on their goal-line

mxlegend99

Referee
Titans at $7 are great value considering Panthers have named Caleb Aekins, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak and Mitch Kenny in their starting side. Not to mention Billy Burns keeping his spot.

Half the spine out... Replaced with slow guys with no ball playing skills or attacking ability. This will be nothing like the Panthers we've seen this year. Going to be the 2019 Panthers again. Be lucky if they have 3 tries in them.

shear_joy9

Coach
1. Crichton
6. Burton
7. Luai
9. Cleary

Much better spine imo. Good luck convincing Burton to twiddle his thumbs in reserves for a few more seasons

The_Frog

First Grade
Titans at $7 are great value considering Panthers have named Caleb Aekins, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak and Mitch Kenny in their starting side. Not to mention Billy Burns keeping his spot.

Half the spine out... Replaced with slow guys with no ball playing skills or attacking ability. This will be nothing like the Panthers we've seen this year. Going to be the 2019 Panthers again. Be lucky if they have 3 tries in them.
Aekins= 3 wins and a draw from 5 games this year, last year not so good, which seems to suggest he doesn't win nor lose you games on his own.
Kenny: 7 from 11 wins as starting hooker, all last year. People were pretty impressed with him at the time.
Burns: of course he'd keep his spot. He's a talent.

Verdict: We'll be right. The side named may well be quite different from that which takes the field.

1. Crichton
6. Burton
7. Luai
9. Cleary

Much better spine imo. Good luck convincing Burton to twiddle his thumbs in reserves for a few more seasons

Coaching 101: Never weaken one position to strengthen another. Don't be surprised to find Burton at the back.

Last edited:

Latest posts