What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R13 Sat - Panthers 28-12 Raiders @ Panthers

Round 13: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
Are you actually trying to say that the cesspool that is Western Sydney is better than Canberra?
I'd maybe consider moving out of here some day, mainly because it gets so hot in summer, but I can tell you I wouldn't move to Canberra.

soc123_au

Staff member
I had a good mate living in Emu plains a few years ago. I'd visit him and the weekend entertainment was hanging out in the Maccas carpark for a fight to happen. Usually Shazza and Kazza with their jeans tucked into their ugg boots throwing haymakers at each other.
I live in Emu Plains, it's a great place to live. Cant say I've ever seen a punch up at Maccas. Or jeans tucked into Ugg boots for that matter. Are you sure you aren't just making shit up to suit bullshit stereotypes?

I'd be happy to meet you down at the Plaza one thursday night for a few hours. I'll give you $20.00 for every person we see with jeans tucked into ugg boots & you give me $2.00 for every girl we see between the ages of 15 to 20 not pushing a pram.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The biggest question to come out of this thread is "who will the Raiders fans cheer on in a Roosters-Panthers GF?"

I think we've got Skeepe in our camp at least.

Tommy I'm a bitter bitter man

I'll always support successful sides like the roosters or the storm to win the comp when the raiders can't. The roosters win oh well it happens, the eels win I have to reflect on how unsuccessful the raiders are

Glen

Bench
Tommy I'm a bitter bitter man

I'll always support successful sides like the roosters or the storm to win the comp when the raiders can't. The roosters win oh well it happens, the eels win I have to reflect on how unsuccessful the raiders are
Hahaha as a Parra fan I 1000% agree with this way of looking at things. Friends couldn't understand why I hated seeing the Dragons, Bunnies and Sharks win the comp in the past 10 years

GongPanther

Referee
You can hang shit on Canberra for being boring, dull etc, cause it is but trying to brand Canberra as some bogan town full of inbreds and pregnant 16 year olds is totally missing the mark.

Canberra has the highest average wage in the country, it's also got the highest quality public schools and the highest ranked University in the country.
Because.................it's all publicly funded! Yay!!

GongPanther

Referee
I had a good mate living in Emu plains a few years ago. I'd visit him and the weekend entertainment was hanging out in the Maccas carpark for a fight to happen. Usually Shazza and Kazza with their jeans tucked into their ugg boots throwing haymakers at each other.
WTF are you on about? No Muckdonalds in Emu Plains.

GongPanther

Referee
Well done Panthers, in a different class that night. Slick attack & great defence in the first half.

If premierships were won in August, it'd be yours. But i'd rather be in your shoes than ours. Melbourne will do Melbourne, Parra has found their style but everyone else is back at the drawing board at the moment, trying to find a way to catch up.

Raiders are all set up trying to grind to wins like last year but winning scores are 1 try higher this season & without Hodgo & Joey we just don't have those extra points in us this year- with the style we are playing.

Ricky will need to swallow his pride & let someone assist with the attack- or cut the shackles off the boys & let them be more expansive or we'll just sputter along at the bottom of the 8 on pure guts but no threats.
Your side is far too good in not to be in the finals. You'll be right.

gerg

Juniors
I live in Emu Plains, it's a great place to live. Cant say I've ever seen a punch up at Maccas. Or jeans tucked into Ugg boots for that matter. Are you sure you aren't just making shit up to suit bullshit stereotypes?

I'd be happy to meet you down at the Plaza one thursday night for a few hours. I'll give you $20.00 for every person we see with jeans tucked into ugg boots & you give me $2.00 for every girl we see between the ages of 15 to 20 not pushing a pram.

Is the Plaza the Panthers equivalent of the aquarium? Geeez you blokes are a sensitive bunch. You've got a great side atm and you're really humming along. However, there is no need for you blokes to turn into arrogant and obnoxious twats like the Roosters fan base. You won the game yet still pissing and moaning about a few 50/50 calls. Let the Roosters behave like that.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Hahaha as a Parra fan I 1000% agree with this way of looking at things. Friends couldn't understand why I hated seeing the Dragons, Bunnies and Sharks win the comp in the past 10 years

Storm/Roosters consistently winning the competition year in, year out makes for a very boring NRL.

If I had my way, the Storm and Roosters would be audited on a yearly basis. The time of “Dynasties” in this game is over.

soc123_au

Staff member
Is the Plaza the Panthers equivalent of the aquarium? Geeez you blokes are a sensitive bunch. You've got a great side atm and you're really humming along. However, there is no need for you blokes to turn into arrogant and obnoxious twats like the Roosters fan base. You won the game yet still pissing and moaning about a few 50/50 calls. Let the Roosters behave like that.
I wasnt offering to fight you, so no, not the aquarium. Just having a go at the cliched crack at the area. I have lived here all my life except for a few years out west & I've never witnessed half the shit that gets thrown about regarding where I live. So yeah, I probably do get a bit sensitive.

@GongPanther there is a maccas at Emu. Corner of Russell St & Old Bathurst Rd. Its been there over 20 years.

gerg

Juniors
I wasnt offering to fight you, so no, not the aquarium. Just having a go at the cliched crack at the area. I have lived here all my life except for a few years out west & I've never witnessed half the shit that gets thrown about regarding where I live. So yeah, I probably do get a bit sensitive.

@GongPanther there is a maccas at Emu. Corner of Russell St & Old Bathurst Rd. Its been there over 20 years.

It's not like there's any Canberra stereotypes, is there? My personal favourite is the claim that all politicians and political decisions are 'Canberra' decisions.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's not like there's any Canberra stereotypes, is there? My personal favourite is the claim that all politicians and political decisions are 'Canberra' decisions.
Fair point. Ha ha. I guess it doesnt matter where you are from, there is a stereotype to suit. I'll change my tampon now, carry on as you were.

These public servant line green merkins are being too cheeky for their own good.

The city only exists because the rest of get rogered on taxes because they don’t produce enough to carry their own weight.

It’s basically a city of bludgers, loafers and bottom feeding parasites.

They should probably build a tollway through it so we can hit the slopes faster.

The enemy of the future in ww3 wouldn’t even bother nuking it. Waste of a good 20 megatons.

Last edited:
Here’s the latest club cardigan:

08D8519A-995B-46E5-9DAD-D2110EDE29FB.jpeg

$23.50 On Special -includes a $2 for donation to transgender lobsters equal rights group or whatever other pissy cause going.