What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R13 Sat - Panthers 28-12 Raiders @ Panthers

Round 13: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 13
Penrith Panthers v Canberra Raiders
Panthers Stadium, Penrith
Saturday 8 August 2020

Kickoff 7:35pm - Fox/Kayo

TL-PEN20a.png

1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Mitch Kenny 19. Matt Burton 20. Billy Burns 21. Daine Laurie

TL-CAN20a.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Jordan Rapana 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Curtis Scott 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Siliva Havili 10. Dunamis Lui 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Hudson Young
Interchange: 14. Tom Starling 15. Joseph Tapine 16. Ryan Sutton 17. Corey Harawira-Naera 18. Sam Williams 19. Michael Oldfield 20. Kai O'Donnell 21. Matt Frawley

1Iy8euW.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Last edited by a moderator:

soc123_au

Staff member
Raiders took off a winger to cram another 2nd rower onto the field late in the Cowboys game- we're taking the Elliot Trophy serious, we're coming & we're going to do it Elliot style.
Thats upside down Elliott. I'll never forget him deciding the time to blood his love child Adrian "spurts" Purtell from wing to backrow would be a semi final. Against Canberra ironically. Which we lost. At home...

BadnMean

Juniors
Thats upside down Elliott. I'll never forget him deciding the time to blood his love child Adrian "spurts" Purtell from wing to backrow would be a semi final. Against Canberra ironically. Which we lost. At home...

Wow. he reinvented himself. At Canberra he would just only purchase backrowers & then play them at centre, in the halves, front row, hooker. Just errywhere.

shear_joy9

Coach
Panthers v Raiders here we go again. 91 grand final, remember that?
Josh Papalii, big papa, how good is he.
James Fisher-Harris, JFH, isn't he playing good.
Jack Wighton, won the Clive Churchill in last years grand final and he's even better now.
Nathan Cleary, son of coach Ivan, isn't he having a season.
And what about young Charlie Staines? Can't this kid score a try.

#Nablelife

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
James Fisher-Harris, JFW, isn't he playing good.
Jack Wighton, won the Clive Churchill in last years grand final and he's even better now.

#Nablelife
Hi Matthew. How is "The Final Winter 2" coming along?
You probably need to chuck in a Parra reference in there somewhere even though they have f**k all to do with this game.

Greenfields

Juniors
Wow. he reinvented himself. At Canberra he would just only purchase backrowers & then play them at centre, in the halves, front row, hooker. Just errywhere.
Terry Martin as starting 5/8 against Melbourne in the 2003 semi was my fav (with Michael Monaghan on the bench no less)

Many texters incoming for this game.... make no mistake about it, the panthers are the real deal this year. Been extremely impressed with them and they should account for a rusty raiders team who have been pretty ordinary of late.

The_Frog

First Grade
Purts was mostly a centre for us but played wing against the Raiders in the semi final. This was the game in which Sandor Earl on the other wing nearly saved us with his Charlie Staines-like behaviour. It was the following week against the Roosters that Purts played second row, and we got what we deserved.

soc123_au

Staff member
Purts was mostly a centre for us but played wing against the Raiders in the semi final. This was the game in which Sandor Earl on the other wing nearly saved us with his Charlie Staines-like behaviour. It was the following week against the Roosters that Purts played second row, and we got what we deserved.

You're right, the experiment didnt last long from memory. Someone got injured & he was back to wing or centre pretty quickly.

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers should be due to lose a game and Raiders are a good side more than capable of handing them the loss.

But it seems like playing shit against the bottom sides and grabbing wins still did the same thing to our mindset as losing would have. Coming off our best game of the season we should be able to grab another good win as we just might be hitting form now.

Panthers by 12.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
James Fisher-Harris, JFH, isn't he playing good.

#Nablelife
Hummmmmmmmmdinggggggggggggger!!!!!!!!!

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'll say the same thing I've said for the past few weeks - we're due a loss.

I just hope we don't get caught with our pants down and f**ked royally.

Raiders have always been a quality match-up for us so hopefully we take them seriously. They'll have to play a lot better than they did vs the Cowboys though.

BadnMean

Juniors
I'll say the same thing I've said for the past few weeks - we're due a loss.

I just hope we don't get caught with our pants down and f**ked royally.

Raiders have always been a quality match-up for us so hopefully we take them seriously. They'll have to play a lot better than they did vs the Cowboys though.

So far this year we've played absolutely our best performances vs the best teams- Rorters, Storm & Eels. But totally clunky, tired looking & unable to put away any poor teams- it's always a bruising, grinding ugly win (if it is a win).

Each time we play a good team I almost expect it all to catch up with us, too many injuries, too many win just on guts games to pull it out again. Panthers have a bit more grit this year than last year when I was pretty confident we'd burst that 8 game bubble.

Depends if we get CNK back, then it's a coin toss. Otherwise Cleary will confuse Rapana & kick us into oblivion.

GongPanther

Referee
Took us 12 games to get out of 2nd gear. Canberra as well as Easts are our only true threats this year, so this game will surely come down to a last minute play to seal the win.

Panthers 21-14

Last edited:
Panthers to win and by a sizeable margin.

Wicky to whinge about something before, during and after the game.

Latest posts