What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R14 Sat - Cowboys 30-31 Rabbitohs @ QCBS

Round 14: Cowboys v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Asiata is solely responsible for that. He has 3 opportunities to finish off that tackle and just keeps letting go.

I was screaming at my tv. I just couldnt believe it lol. Its seriously something we would do during our dumbest days. Like beej and rapana trying to pull off a strip and the player rolls down the field 25m and gets an offload away

yobbo84

First Grade
I know the blood is pumping in both sizes of heads right now, but let's not get too excited.
3 field goals in one final? Countless match winners? He hasn't got much to his game but you can't argue with his ability as a kicker.

ozbuck

Juniors
The NRL is becoming more and more like Premiere League football. Who can milk the penalties at crucial times wins.

100% no way Feldt was trying to strip/rake the ball out. Cowboys in front by 2, I think it was 5th tackle, no way he thought that stripping the ball was the best choice. He was just going to slow down the play. That's a loose carry by Gagai...in fact I say intentionally.

The game isn't, and hasn't for a long time, being played in the spirit of the game.

RoosTah

Juniors
The NRL is becoming more and more like Premiere League football. Who can milk the penalties at crucial times wins.

100% no way Feldt was trying to strip/rake the ball out. Cowboys in front by 2, I think it was 5th tackle, no way he thought that stripping the ball was the best choice. He was just going to slow down the play. That's a loose carry by Gagai...in fact I say intentionally.

The game isn't, and hasn't for a long time, being played in the spirit of the game.
Agree, but those always get called penalties and frankly it was just unnecessary from Feldt. He should have just got up and got back onside.

But that didn't lose the Cowboys the game - they lost it by effectively deciding not to put an ounce of pressure on in defence when they had a 6 point lead with only minutes to spare. They barely even seemed to be trying to tackle the bunnies by the end there... The Feldt penalty was unfortunate, but to let Souths march 90 meters on 5 tackles to take the easiest of drop goals was just unforgivable. It was just pissweak from the Cowboys and with that attitude and effort they 100% deserved to lose.

Nerd

Bench
I'm always amazed how Cook gets away with so many forward passes from dummy half.

Cowboys found a way to lose two very close games against Souths in 2018, one when they were up by a point with about a minute or two to go and had forced a goal line dropout. Souths go shortish and Feldt drops it cold. Souths march up the field anmethe same ref as tonight gives a penalty in ftront of the posts for Granville not being square at marker during a fiella goal attempt from Souths.

Tonight Granville knocks on and Souths score to get within 2. Feldt gifts Souths a penalty on the last play to level up. Why no one finished the tackle in the lead up to the field goal is unforgivable.

The refs let Cam Smith do even worse against Cowboys at Lang Park from marker in 2016 when Thurston had a shot at field goal, but never blew penalty because Melbourne never have to play by the same rules. That's why people hate Melbourne.

Latest posts