What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R14 Thu - Roosters 6-24 Storm @ SCG

Round 14: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 14
Sydney Roosters v Melbourne Storm
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park
Thursday 13 August 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now, Fox League/Kayo

TL-SYD20a.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Ryan Hall 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Lachlan Lam 8. Lindsay Collins 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Sitili Tupouniua 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Drew Hutchison 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Nat Butcher 17. Daniel Fifita 18. Egan Butcher 19. Christian Tuipulotu 20. Max Bailey 21. Kyle Flanagan

TL-MEL20a.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Tom Eisenhuth 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Ryley Jacks 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Nicholas Hynes 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Albert Vete 17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 18. Sandor Earl 19. Chris Lewis 20. Cooper Johns 21. Brenko Lee

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Peter Gough
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

moffla

Bench
Spewing Munster is out. He’s on fire this season and so is Keary so that’d have been a good battle

Think Rooster will get us this time around - will be close again. Could possibly swing our way if Cam Smith plays though

24-20 Easts

This Year?

Immortal
This time the Storm will have the game won well before the championship minutes and Robbo will be out on the back 9 with Nick begging for more of a relaxation on the salary cap to get another 4 internationals....oh wait this will be SBW's return to NRL so Roosters by 20 with SBW to be glazed in commentary jizz after doing a hitup or 2 and a couple of shoulder charges that go unpenalised.

The_Frog

First Grade
Expecting the Roosters to welcome back a few players who've been out for this one (and one who's been out for 6 years). Robinson would have been planning for this match for ages. Win this and their top 4 position will be pretty safe, although they do finish with teams 5 to 8, they'd have to lose 2 of those to be in any danger. Lose though and they'll likely have to battle the Raiders in Canberra for 4th. He'll be delighted to be facing the Storm sans their 2 best players.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Expecting the Roosters to welcome back a few players who've been out for this one (and one who's been out for 6 years). Robinson would have been planning for this match for ages. Win this and their top 4 position will be pretty safe, although they do finish with teams 5 to 8, they'd have to lose 2 of those to be in any danger. Lose though and they'll likely have to battle the Raiders in Canberra for 4th. He'll be delighted to be facing the Storm sans their 2 best players.

I think its safe to say the top 4 is all but mathematically locked in. Just look at the points difference.

Cockosh

Juniors
I think its safe to say the top 4 is all but mathematically locked in. Just look at the points difference.
I don’t think for and against will come into it. It will come down to competition points between easts and raiders. Raiders have arguably the easiest run home; Broncos, Titans, Bulldogs, chooks, Dragons, warriors, Sharks. This is a massive game for us a could well lock up 4th place for us. If not the game vs raiders in Canberra could well be a 4th place playoff.
I’d almost prefer smith and Munster play. We have a habit of dropping games against teams missing key players like the raiders a few weeks back.

The_Frog

First Grade
If the Roosters lose to the Storm, the Raiders can equal them in competition points by beating the Broncos in Canberra, for which they are $1.15. In that case the Roosters and Raiders will play for 4th place in Canberra in round 17. The Raiders won this game at the SCG just a few weeks back. The Raiders have a much easier run home than the Roosters. 4th is anything but locked in.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Roosters will be too strong and will win by 16. In saying that it would be better for my team if the Storm won, but it won't happen with Munster out. If the Storm are ahead at the break expect Alderley Rooster to drop in and have his usual half-time whinge.

moffla

Bench
Looks like Smith won't be named - was slightly confident that'd we'd sneak him in there but I suppose it's better to play it safe.

Resigned to a loss - We are going to lack creativity in attack... just hope we make a game of it

Valheru

Coach
Looks like Smith won't be named - was slightly confident that'd we'd sneak him in there but I suppose it's better to play it safe.

Resigned to a loss - We are going to lack creativity in attack... just hope we make a game of it

I wouldn't be resigned to a loss at this point, the odds should pretty much even up now the roosters have named their side.

Only J-Moz to return. The others (Cords, JWH, B-Moz, Toops and Crighton) not named in the squad at all.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/20...7kAzQMwLe2YkjHdXTpA93fYMV6jx55iVTfiUf6T47QE6o

footy75

Bench
Huge game for Roosters. Can't afford to drop it for their top 4 aspirations.

Not so much for Storm.

Roosters by 10

mongoose

Coach
Looking at the lineups Roosters should win this easily. At full strength though I think the Storm are too good this year and will probably win the premiership and to everyones disgust send Cameron out a winner.

No cameron smith the scumbag prick.... obviously got other things on his plate...
tenor.gif
no smith to referee the game means odds swing in roosters favor.... roosters by 10