What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R2 Sun - Wests Tigers 24-42 Knights @ Leichhardt

Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 2
Wests Tigers v Newcastle Knights
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield
Sunday 22 March 2020

NRL kickoff 4:05pm

TL-WST20.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Josh Reynolds 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Billy Walters 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Thomas Mikaele 15. Paul Momirovski 16. Zane Musgrove 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Oliver Clark 20. Matt Eisenhuth 21. Tommy Talau

TL-NEW20.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Enari Tuala 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Herman Ese'ese
Interchange: 14. Connor Watson 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Tim Glasby 17. Aidan Guerra 18. Pasami Saulo 19. Starford To'a 20. Mason Lino 21. Sione Mata'utia

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, Liam Kennedy
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Lower Grades
Wests Tigers v Knights @ Campbelltown
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sat 3pm
Magpies v Knights @ Leichhardt
NSWRL Canterbury Cup, Sun 1:40pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Tigers did a great job to come back and win after a terrible start, and they had tougher opposition than the Knights did in the Warriors. Tigpies by 8.

Vic Mackey

Referee
4 of the tigers starting 13 out including the most important, no crowd at Leichhardt. Both these teams would be considered to be fighting for bottom top 8 spots, so this is a huge chance for the knights to get what could be a 4 point win.

Tipping our pack to step up like they did last back but worried where the points might come from. Either way Wests by 4

The unknown

Juniors
4 of the tigers starting 13 out including the most important, no crowd at Leichhardt. Both these teams would be considered to be fighting for bottom top 8 spots, so this is a huge chance for the knights to get what could be a 4 point win.

Tipping our pack to step up like they did last back but worried where the points might come from. Either way Wests by 4

We really need brooks back to unload BJ. Felt Reynolds starved him of the ball on Sunday

Opposition fans don’t rate our pack but that’s ok. 2 or 3 of them got in the team of the week

Vic Mackey

Referee
We really need brooks back to unload BJ. Felt Reynolds starved him of the ball on Sunday

Opposition fans don’t rate our pack but that’s ok. 2 or 3 of them got in the team of the week

Reynolds said he trained nearly exclusively at 9 in the off season and with Brooks getting injured 24 hours prior to round 1 it didn’t leave a lot of time. Hoping with a week training there the attack will be a lot more fluent Sunday.

mozza91

Coach
We look the better side on paper but it’s hard to be too confident considering what they did to us last time.

This Year?

Immortal
I went the Knights. They were impressive holding the Warriors to nil, but this time they will be made to earn it. Mitchell and Ponga will both still need to have big games for the Knights to win. Brooks is a big out for this game and had he played I wouldn't have hesitated in picking the Tigers.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I went the Knights. They were impressive holding the Warriors to nil, but this time they will be made to earn it. Mitchell and Ponga will both still need to have big games for the Knights to win. Brooks is a big out for this game and had he played I wouldn't have hesitated in picking the Tigers.

Even we beat the Warriors in a trial this year. It was hailed as the best win since 2005.....so we know where the warriors sit

This Year?

Immortal
Even we beat the Warriors in a trial this year. It was hailed as the best win since 2005.....so we know where the warriors sit
I watched that trial and the Tigers right side tore it up. When Brooks is back it will be fun to see that right side in action again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Brooks has been man of the match in 3 of the last 4 games against the Knights, big loss, hopefully we can overcome it