What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Fri - Panthers 26-0 Warriors @ Campbelltown

Round 4: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 4
Penrith Panthers v Warriors
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah
Friday 5 June 2020

TL-PEN21.png

1. Caleb Aekins 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Matt Burton 7. Jarome Luai 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Moses Leota 17. Liam Martin 18. Brent Naden 19. Billy Burns 20. Jack Hetherington 21. Charlie Staines

TL-WAR21.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Patrick Herbert 3. Karl Lawton 4. Gerard Beale 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Blake Green 8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 9. Wayde Egan 10. Adam Blair 11. Eliesa Katoa 12. Tohu Harris 13. Isaiah Papali'i
Interchange: 14. Jack Murchie 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. King Vuniyayawa 17. Josh Curran 18. Chanel Harris-Tavita 20. Hayze Perham 21. Adam Pompey 22. Leivaha Pulu

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Tim Alouani-Roby, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Ben Galea

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Warriors were the surprise of the round for mine. Everything was going against them yet they still walked away with the 2 points. I can see that giving them a heap of confidence here.

GongPanther

Referee
The Panthers will be seething after that lacklustre performance against a gritty Newcastle side.

A 5 day turnaround for us will start to tell in the final 20 minutes energy wise. With no Cleary, I honestly don't know what our attack has in store. It's one of those games with the form we are in were we win by 2, or get hammered by 20.

Us by 2.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Far more interesting match up than you’d have thought before the weekend. Penrith look like a quality side but showed a bit of a soft underbelly letting the knights back in, and the Warriors were probably the surprise of the round, it looked like they’ve put the weeks in camp in lockdown together to positive use and trained the house down and got themselves into a really tight unit. I’m going Warriors in a tight one but that’s really just me going with the heart here.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Warriors will win

We were absolute shit on the weekend and anyone saying that we'll "bounce back" after that "performance" hasn't been watching the Panthers very long. We love following shit with even more shit.

Warriors by 16

Leber

Bench
After a great win and facing a team with a shorter turn around and that had to go to golden point, Kearney decides to play a hooker.... at centre.

What a flogging potato.

shear_joy9

Coach
warriors to crash back down to earth. They are very lucky to face penrith on a short turnaround after playing 90min.

koro to run berserk

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Panthers should win. Just about any team without a Dragon or Titan mascot should beat the Warriors.

Slowest team in the comp, one of the worst coaches, and missing their entire prop rotation from last year due to injury, suspension etc

Only teams that are uncommited or incompetent (hi Mary) will lose to the Warriors.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Panthers should win. Just about any team without a Dragon or Titan mascot should beat the Warriors.

Slowest team in the comp, one of the worst coaches, and missing their entire prop rotation from last year due to injury, suspension etc

Only teams that are uncommited or incompetent (hi Mary) will lose to the Warriors.
I take it you didn't watch the Panthers/Knights game.... Panthers tick both those boxes.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Penrith had their GF in rnd 1.

From here on in I reckon Tik Tok videos are taking precidence over footy amongst the playing group.

That said, I just can't back the Warriors under Kearney to ever be consistent.

Penrith by 5 after 5 Matt Burton field goals.

AJB1102

First Grade
2020 is throwing up some outlandish shit but the Warriors holding the record for completed sets is a step too far. I'm pretty convinced we're someone's game of sims and something disturbing happened to them recently.

Fangs

Coach
If you know the Panthers then this game is definately a loss. However they are up against the Warriors...

Somehow I'll back the Warriors to win. Which is usually not a good idea.

GongPanther

Referee
Pass it to Kikau.
We can't be a one trick pony. Relying on Kiks to be our go to is not a healthy option. His shoulder is not 100%, and if the NZers do a number on him, I don't know where our tries are coming from unless Capewell stays in the centres.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Who knows? based on last weeks form the Warriors would beat us by a similar margin to what they beat the Dragons by. We probably need the Warriors to go back to the form most people expected from them because we look less than inspiring in attack. I think our forwards can get on top but our young halves need to step up as does the fullback. Perhaps Jarome Luai will play a big game v the Warriors like he did on his debut.