What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Fri - Storm 22-8 Rabbitohs @ AAMI

Round 4: Storm v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 4
Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs
AAMI Park, Melbourne
Friday 5 June 2020

TL-MEL21.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Justin Olam 4. Marion Seve 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Ryley Jacks 17. Max King 18. Brenko Lee 19. Albert Vete 20. Darryn Schonig 21. Chris Lewis

TL-SOU21.png

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Dane Gagai 3. Campbell Graham 4. Braidon Burns 5. Alex Johnston 6. Troy Dargan 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'A 12. Cameron Murray 13. Liam Knight
Interchange: 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Ethan Lowe 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Patrick Mago 18. Bryson Goodwin 19. Tom Amone 20. James Roberts 21. Keaon Koloamatangi

67B5T0I.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Bryan Norrie

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Melbourne are going to struggle with the 6 again rule change for the rest of the year, or at least as long as it remains a thing. They just cannot survive in a free flowing, fast paced type of footy. The very core of the place has long been encouraged in the opposite for too long, and now with the sudden change they can't deal with it.

Having said that, Bellyache will be sore after a rare bad loss, and he will have cracked the whips enough to score a victory against a struggling team. That effect won't be a thing for long however. Storm by a narrow 4

moffla

Bench
I'll be first to admit that we struggled to adapt too the new rule, but they're also professional athletes who should be expected to adjust.

Going out on a limb and saying I think we will come out absolutely firing and will do to Souths what Raiders did to us on the weekend.

Thinking King and Seve will be dropped for big Tui and Momirovski

28-10 storm

Tommy Smith

Referee
Storm by lots.

Souths look very average to me. That forward pack is pedestrian.

Also I can only assume that Wayne has officially lost all of his marbles because only a numpty would move Cam Murray from the middle of the field, where he's an absolute superstar, to an edge where his impact is severely restricted.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'll be first to admit that we struggled to adapt too the new rule, but they're also professional athletes who should be expected to adjust.

Going out on a limb and saying I think we will come out absolutely firing and will do to Souths what Raiders did to us on the weekend.

Thinking King and Seve will be dropped for big Tui and Momirovski

28-10 storm
Tough to adjust from a game plan that's been a central facet of your success for 15 years.

This completely strips Smith of one of his most effectively used tools
( slowing down games by constantly addressing refs). Melbourne's defensive line now has much less time to rest and set itself. This defensive structure that's served them so well has suddenly become an asset they're no longer able to exploit anywhere near as much

Greenfields

Juniors
The Storm came out and absolutely fisted the Eels after we beat them in the finals. Think Souths might be in for similar treatment.

nick87

Coach
The reason the Storm have been so god damn good for so long is they are very adaptable and they can win many different ways

I think they'll win this game and win it quite well. They'll adapt to this rule change because they've got a great coach and best player to ever lace a boot.
Doubt them at your own peril

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Storm came out and absolutely fisted the Eels after we beat them in the finals. Think Souths might be in for similar treatment.

Yeah I feel the same. Souths attack without Walkers unpredictability is horrible and their forward pack sucks. Storm don’t lose two in a row. Souths to go 1-3

blue bags

First Grade
The reason the Storm have been so god damn good for so long is they are very adaptable and they can win many different ways

I think they'll win this game and win it quite well. They'll adapt to this rule change because they've got a great coach and best player to ever lace a boot.
Doubt them if your own peril
and playing at home

AJB1102

First Grade
Also I can only assume that Wayne has officially lost all of his marbles because only a numpty would move Cam Murray from the middle of the field, where he's an absolute superstar, to an edge where his impact is severely restricted.

Its insanity! With the rolling rewards on offer for quick PTBs you want this guy in the thick of it with tired sloppy middles. Could earn you a couple 15 tackle sets from 3 runs, or just give Cook a hell of a lot to work with., and little known fact Cook used to be a beach sprint champion so is well equipped to tear up a retreating defence line.

I'm not gonna write off the Storm - Bellamy is handsdown one of the best coaches, if anyone can find a way to f**k this free flowing awesome footy up it's Craig and his hobo looking accountant skipper.

But 6 again and 1 ref have all but removed 2 key parts of their game. 6 again limits their ability to wrestle and concede penalties to set their defence and allows Smith no time to discuss it with the ref. 1 ref removes the ability to divide them and argue interpretations. Smith was the best at "managing the refs" and now he has a lot less opportunities to do that.

Latest posts