What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Mon - Bulldogs 22-2 Dragons @ Bankwest

Round 4: Bulldogs v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gerg

Juniors
Dear diary,

I have a problem, a dire illness. I love rugby league so much I will watch this game and I won't enjoy a second of it. I like the sense of camaraderie between sporting fans and genuinely feel empathy for fans going through a rough trot (but f**k the Broncos). Some may confuse my empathy for 'kicking a bloke while he's down'. I think of it more as prodding a Dragons/Bulldogs supporter with the heel of my boot - while they assume the foetal position - to check if they are ok?

This Year?

Immortal
Just saw the team list and laughed. So the #onnotice only applies to the fringe players.

When we inexpliacbly lose this game I wonder what mcpotato will use from his straight shooting book of excuses.

Congrats Bulldogs, you outenthused us and had something resembling a game plan.

Now where do I pick up my sack mary banner?

The_Frog

First Grade
Geez what a game. The 'winner' gets to keep their coach while the loser moves on to better times.

Crazy world.
What's really crazy is that clubs can't afford to pay out coaches mid-contract any longer, so both sides keep their coach. Neither is to blame for the situation their teams find themselves in anyway. I favour the Dragons slightly in this one.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just saw the team list and laughed. So the #onnotice only applies to the fringe players.

When we inexpliacbly lose this game I wonder what mcpotato will use from his straight shooting book of excuses.

Congrats Bulldogs, you outenthused us and had something resembling a game plan.

Now where do I pick up my sack mary banner?
You dont already have a banner?

SBD82

Coach
What's really crazy is that clubs can't afford to pay out coaches mid-contract any longer, so both sides keep their coach. Neither is to blame for the situation their teams find themselves in anyway. I favour the Dragons slightly in this one.
How exactly is Mary not to blame for the situation that his team finds itself in?

The_Frog

First Grade
How exactly is Mary not to blame for the situation that his team finds itself in?
The de Belin business has quite a bit to do with it. Frizzell doesn't want to be there. Hunt, Graham and Norman are playing like highly paid old shielas. That's your senior playing group right there.

shear_joy9

Coach
The de Belin business has quite a bit to do with it. Frizzell doesn't want to be there. Hunt, Graham and Norman are playing like highly paid old shielas. That's your senior playing group right there.

no one is forcing mary to pick them. It appears he's fostered an environment where the players don't give a f**k about their performances and there is zero consequences to that.

the coaches job is to pick the best team, set the game plan to win the game and keep the players focused on that goal. Mary can't do any of that

The_Frog

First Grade
no one is forcing mary to pick them. It appears he's fostered an environment where the players don't give a f**k about their performances and there is zero consequences to that.

the coaches job is to pick the best team, set the game plan to win the game and keep the players focused on that goal. Mary can't do any of that
They are the best team. They just aren't playing like it. The coach has had this team focused before. It's not like you lose your motivational skills. Something is eating this team. They have too good a roster not to start winning sooner or later.

SBD82

Coach
If it’s one player, sure. The problem is probably the player.

When the entire team plays without heart, that lands firmly at the feet of the coach.

With respect to the JDB situation, maybe he could be excused for last season and the impact that JDB’s continued presence at training was having on the squad. But when he identified that as a major disruption last year, and then continued to have JDB training with the first grade squad, including taking him into the 30 man isolation squad when he is no chance of playing, that is just plain bad management.

The_Frog

First Grade
If it’s one player, sure. The problem is probably the player.

When the entire team plays without heart, that lands firmly at the feet of the coach.

With respect to the JDB situation, maybe he could be excused for last season and the impact that JDB’s continued presence at training was having on the squad. But when he identified that as a major disruption last year, and then continued to have JDB training with the first grade squad, including taking him into the 30 man isolation squad when he is no chance of playing, that is just plain bad management.
The Titans had a run of bad form last year, three losses in a row. They sacked their coach. They've lost 11 games since without a win. It isn't always the coach.

Dragons won't sack McGregor. They can't afford to. It's easy and convenient to blame the coach but there's more to this slump, in my opinion. You've got two first grade coaches, one of whom has won a premiership. I'm expecting them to lift this game, anyway.

Nealo 12

Bench
Can’t wait for the Bulldogs to score off kicks So that comment in the presser will be hilarious!

SBD82

Coach
The Titans had a run of bad form last year, three losses in a row. They sacked their coach. They've lost 11 games since without a win. It isn't always the coach.

Dragons won't sack McGregor. They can't afford to. It's easy and convenient to blame the coach but there's more to this slump, in my opinion. You've got two first grade coaches, one of whom has won a premiership. I'm expecting them to lift this game, anyway.
We have a much better squad than the titans have, and that’s been the case for Mary’s tender. It is literally his job to develop that squad and squeeze every ounce of potential out of the players. Not only have the players stalled their progress, in many cases they have gone backwards under his tutelage.

While it’s often easy to blame the coach, in this case I think it’s appropriate. Did you watch our game last week? Our attack has no shape. Our defence is passive. They are a poorly coached team.

Sphagnum

Coach
39a3f5e8a8072d1fff6613e0f9f111a1
James Graham sure knows how to pick his clubs

Sphagnum

Coach
I had a dragon choking a rooster banner but nowdays I just choke my own because my team is so shit that they don't even choke.

Maybe I could an edgy banner in wheel of fortune style:

F_CK _FF M_RY

Who wants to buy a vowel?

i’f like an ‘i’ thanks Larry

Latest posts