What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R8 Thu - Storm 27-25* Roosters @ Suncorp

Round 8: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shear_joy9

Coach
No problem with the match deciding penalty but would love to see the penalty again from the Storms short kick off when behind 12-22 to get them back in the game again, they never showed a replay of it.

I re-watched it. If anything it should have been a roosters penalty. Vunivalu runs into Cordner.
Cordner was still in la-la-land and doesn't appear to even know Vuni is there

Big Pete

Referee
What a f*cken rollercoaster, better half walked out of the room when Cam Smiths conversion hits the post and bounces in, won't repeat was muttered leaving the room, decided to come back in the room when Flanagan was going for goal then was al excited when Keary kicked the field goal, I Just turned and said there is still 40 secs left on the clock and the way this game has gone anything can happen :rolling_eyes: boy was I right.
No problem with the match deciding penalty but would love to see the penalty again from the Storms short kick off when behind 12-22 to get them back in the game again, they never showed a replay of it. The madness of the last 10 mins took all the gloss off what an outstanding game that Brett Morris had. That said it has been years since I have seen the Roosters make so many mistakes. And after that game there should be no more arguments about Golden Point, after what both teams went through and a great game they provided a 25-25 draw would have been a deserved result.

Well milked by Finucane in the end. Was always going to be a penalty but the referee's have given the players way too much leeway in the play the ball. You have to be standing upright before you can put the ball on the ground, Dale was on one knee when he tried to force the issue.

Should have never have gone to golden point in the first place, unfortunately the game doesn't care about fairness, only entertainment. Both teams deserved to walk away with a point, instead Sydney have nothing to show from this awesome effort.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I re-watched it. If anything it should have been a roosters penalty. Vunivalu runs into Cordner.
Cordner was still in la-la-land and doesn't appear to even know Vuni is there

Unfortunately i didn't record it as i had two other things taping on the hard drive.

Cockosh

Juniors
Well done Melbourne on an incredible game. Never happy to lose but no shame losing a game like that. Draw would’ve been fair.
Just watched the replay of the storm kick off penalty after we went up by 10. It’s against cordner for a push but there isn’t one. Not sure why cordner didn’t challenge. I’m sure we still had one. Definite knock on in play the ball for storm field goal.
Not taking anything away from
Storm but geez we cost ourselves. Tupous worst game in a while. Cordner not much better.

I've looked at it three times, and he did milk it. But for me, what happened to the so called unwritten law about refs not deciding a game by a penalty in extra time?

This ref is the official shit-stain on our game.
Mel could be penalised for incidents like that on numerous occassions, but the refs never ping them. It's only when Mel need a penalty that they find a reason to blow their whistle.

I remember Klein doing something similar in a Donkeys vs Tigers game a year or 2 back to get Brissie the win in Golden Point. He's terrible and has form.

Well done Melbourne on an incredible game. Never happy to lose but no shame losing a game like that. Draw would’ve been fair.
Just watched the replay of the storm kick off penalty after we went up by 10. It’s against cordner for a push but there isn’t one. Not sure why cordner didn’t challenge. I’m sure we still had one. Definite knock on in play the ball for storm field goal.
Not taking anything away from
Storm but geez we cost ourselves. Tupous worst game in a while. Cordner not much better.
Easts were robbed. Klein has form too, so I do not believe it was just a series of honest mistakes from him.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Melbourne deserved the win. f**king insane game which we just couldn't stop throwing away.

Storm to their credit kept their heads about them and took the opportunities we gave them to win the game. People can blame decisions or whatever they want, but in the end the Roosters handed the storm 21 or their 27 points directly through dropped balls and one incredibly dumb penalty.

Cordner probably his worst game in some time. Guy hasn't played this many games in a row without a little injury or origin break, so he's probably due for a week or 2 off. Toops also had a stinker, but considering how great he's been forever he deserves a break for that.

The unknown

Juniors
Mel could be penalised for incidents like that on numerous occassions, but the refs never ping them. It's only when Mel need a penalty that they find a reason to blow their whistle.

I remember Klein doing something similar in a Donkeys vs Tigers game a year or 2 back to get Brissie the win in Golden Point. He's terrible and has form.

We missed the 8 cause of that game aswell. Klein is f**ked

azza29

Juniors

Valheru

Coach
Meh we were on the wrong side of an epic, it happens.

I thought we actually looked tired in the first 10 minutes.

Freshen up and move on. I certainly don't think they left this game thinking they can't beat the storm when it counts.

Latest posts