What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R9 Sat - Raiders 14-20 Storm @ GIO

Round 9: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
Its a fair point. Its a tough job and I wouldnt want to do it but the bunker has zero reason to get a call wrong. There needs to be some culpability there.

it boggles the mind that 2 blokes can watch a replay 5 or 6 times and see something that didn't happen. I mean what f**king rule were they applying there? some bunker calls are questionable but I can see that they are using a very black and white interpretation, particularly with obstructions. That call last night wasn't even in the ball park of professional foul. I can't remember being so angry about a call than that one. Even that shamozzle in the grand final didn't make me as angry.

skeepe

Immortal
Storm were the better team but wow Canberra got screwed over with some of those decisions. If Stuart blew up after the game he was well within his rights to do so.

On what metric were Storm the better team?

Raiders made more line breaks, more metres, less errors, missed less tackles... I just can’t see how anyone can argue the Storm were the better team.

On Cameron Smith demanding an explanation when the Referee orders a player off the field when he goes down injured after a goal line drop out has been ruled, holding up the game whilst the Storm get set and get their breath back. The captain of every other NRL team would, in that situation, either have been: waived away, penalised or sin binned.

Apey

Staff member

Raiders made more line breaks, more metres, less errors, missed less tackles... I just can’t see how anyone can argue the Storm were the better team.

Hysterics aside I think it was pretty even aside from the BS sin bin and forward pass try. Raiders really are the Storm's new bogey side though because they've been garbage post-restart except against the Storm.

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
I believe the refereeing ended even for both teams, let’s not forget how croker has been throwing gridiron passes to the winger

GAZF

First Grade
Good to see the two posters above not letting the Raiders consume their lives.

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
Tough couple of weeks coming up for the green machine, this will really test their depth. What will the team shuffle be like?

Latest posts