What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ratings

greenBV4

Bench
is it possible for someone good at finding ratings to discover how many people actually watched in other countries? and in markets like the US was it showed live only (at what Im guessing is not an ideal local time), or was there a near-prime time repeat/delay?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I dont understand why Fox wouldnt want to publish viewing figures across all platforms? From attracting advertisers point of view it must be more valuable to show total viewers? Given Kayo now has as amny subscribers as Foxsports they seem to be missing a trick!

The_Wookie

Bench
is it possible for someone good at finding ratings to discover how many people actually watched in other countries? and in markets like the US was it showed live only (at what Im guessing is not an ideal local time), or was there a near-prime time repeat/delay?

Ratings for last night wont be available until later due to time differences.

Usain Bolt

Bench

300 million, well that’s what they kept saying on Ch9 lol

The_Wookie

Bench

US TV Ratings release a top 150 cable originals and broadcasts. It didnt qualify - rated less than 56,000. Average ratings back in 2017 were between 3 and 10,000.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articl...cable-originals-network-finals-5-28-2020.html

UK Ratings even harder to come by.

greenBV4

Bench
I think they had more on their mind this weekend.
yeah theres that

it also makes sense it would take a few weeks to grow, noone knows what NRL even is and I doubt theres much advertising

It needs some bored guy flicking through channels to see it, watch enough of it to decide he likes it, tell someone throughout the week about it, have that person remember and turn it on the next week, and repeat the cycle

Hopefully for the NRL's sake American sport stays postponed for long enough for that wheel to turn a few times and MAYBE there might be some genuine interest born from it

greenBV4

Bench
How can you expect many people to watch in the US when an 8pm game is 3am in LA or 6am in NYC.
An image I saw on the NRLs facebook last week had the times for the 3 games for Canada and 3 for the US, then at the bottom said "check your local guide for replays", so I'd assume they are also shown closer to prime time as well (in some markets)

Im not sure though if the ratings for those replays are counted though