What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rd6: Non Parra games

TheParraboy

Staff member
The reason he scored the try was because nobody thought he would run. A match winning play in a big game doesn't mean the player won it on his own. If he was good enough to do that he would've had a better overall career. You're letting the narrative get in the way of the big picture.

Did you see Paul Osborne star in the '94 grand final after being plucked out of reserve grade? It's another case of a ring in being underestimated and having some luck on the big day.

In the case of Pearce he had a long Origin career against the best rep spine in the history of the game. Hodgkinson's arsey moment just adds to a narrative that ignores most of reality.

and forgot to mention his sidekick Josh Reynolds that terrorised Thurston that series :sunglasses:

great narrative right there

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So are you claiming a couple of nuffies are Origin stars or did Queensland take them lightly in a couple of games at the end of a long run of wins?

strider

Post Whore
Cheap shot no question but I don't think it's against the rules. Like when Edwards did similar and plenty here saw no problem with it.
The difference with edwards was that the opposition player was not tackled ... dugan was tackled by someone else. Being dragged on his gut. He was making absolutely no effort to make more metres or break the tackle. He was held the dogs player just had to stop dragging him. But the bulldogs prick took the chance to smash his sholder into his back for no reason

The difference with edwards was that the opposition player was not tackled ... dugan was tackled by someone else. Being dragged on his gut. He was making absolutely no effort to make more metres or break the tackle. He was held the dogs player just had to stop dragging him. But the bulldogs prick took the chance to smash his sholder into his back for no reason
Well I agree that it's a bigger cheap shot. A bloke lying on the ground not moving deserves something... but I also think under the rules they're the same. If the ref hasn't called held, and there's no suggestion he had, and the guy is still moving, which he was, I don't see what rule is broken.