What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rep Round fixtures?

adamkungl

Immortal
Expect..
Origin with 2 wednesdays and 1 standalone sunday
NZ v Tonga on the standalone
Samoa v Cooks also
Fiji v PNG maybe

Kangaroos v NZ in October
Kangaroo tour in November with 3 games v England and no games with anyone else
Oceania Cup
NZ v Fiji, Cooks v PNG
Fiji v Tonga, Samoa v PNG

the end

*assuming Fiji get promoted this year

Springs09

Juniors
Yeah they can't really announce fixtures until they know who is going up in the Oceania Cup (yayyy how exciting...)

Origin is already announced:
Game I - Adelaide - June 3
Game II - Sydney - June 21
Game III - Brisbane - July 8

So we can also expect rep games on June 20, most likely:
NZ v Tonga - Mt Smart
Fiji/Samoa/PNG v Cook Islands
Fiji/Samoa/PNG v Lebanon
double-header at the smallest Sydney ground they can find

yakstorm

First Grade
Greenberg has stated previously in interviews that the Kangaroos are likely to visit France whilst touring the UK. PMXIII Tour returns to PNG.

Don't be surprised to see some random Oceania Cup match at the Cowboy's new ground... the NRL has promised the Qld Government fixtures in exchange for investing in the venue, whilst Nigel Wood already said earlier in the year that next year's tournament will likely see games shift to Australia (https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/19...future-tests-in-new-10-year-rolling-calendar/)

adamkungl

Immortal
What I'd like, but probably won't get.

-Kangaroo tour:
Early announcement
Quality venues including 1 in London
At least 1 game against a tier 2 nation, preferably 2.

-Oceania Cup:
Quality venues
No f**king triple headers
Could we have a final please?
Announcement for 2022 to go to 4 Nations and a final in the top pool (If NZ or Aus are touring, enter an A-team!)

-Tests:
It would be a real good if Aus v NZ could be played at the start of October and end of November to bookend the Kangaroo tour and have a home game for both nations.
A test match Italy v Lebanon mid-year.
Cross-pool Pacific test matches to fill in some of the gaps and as warm ups - PNG v Fiji in the mid-year slot. Samoa v Tonga in October.
Lebanon to host a test match in October and get the public back onside.

-European Cup:
Still waiting on announcement but this is expected to go ahead for 2020 right?
Hopefully a 4 or 6 Nations multi-tiered format featuring England (Knights) with NRL stars going over for all nations.

-Nines:
Asia-Pacific 9s in October, with 12 teams. Or at least an announcement for 2021 before the World Cup. The International Nines concept needs to run annually.

TLDR;
Annually build on what we have.
Focus on good venues, good formats, good teams.

Billythekid

First Grade
I’ll take anything, just announce them with some suitable lead in time

We can keep hoping for this year after year. At this point I’ve all but resigned myself to the fact that the people running our game just don’t give a f**k about international footy and actually see it as a threat. I don’t see this changing in my lifetime and my interest in international league feels like it’s waning fast.

adamkungl

Immortal
Brad Walter has seemingly become an apologist/shill for whatever rubbish the Kangaroos are dishing up.
Continually excuses their non-efforts this year and last, because they have a 'heavy schedule' (3 confirmed games) next year.
Perpetuates the myth that the Oceania Cup is a brave new tournament while the reality is its a half-arsed version of the tournaments we got from 1999-2016.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Brad Walter has seemingly become an apologist/shill for whatever rubbish the Kangaroos are dishing up.
Continually excuses their non-efforts this year and last, because they have a 'heavy schedule' (3 confirmed games) next year.
Perpetuates the myth that the Oceania Cup is a brave new tournament while the reality is its a half-arsed version of the tournaments we got from 1999-2016.
He writes for nrl.com, he's employed by the NRL …

This is what you get when you have "in-house" journalism production …

Latest posts