What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Not looking forward to Cody playing against Souths,his ability to destroy his opponents is well known,you don't score 16 tries,set up another 16 etc. without some freakish ability.
I look forward to Dewey killing it again at f.b.btw
Clive, killing it again? I thought his last game was just above average, but before that extremely poor. Admittably he's work in progress and that sometimes works. But in my opinion he will never be an explosive fullback because that can't be tort it's a natural ability.

GloryGlory

Juniors
All the talk about Latrell is fluff. Not only will he not be here but we dont need him. Latrell is a right centre and so is Burns and a fit Burns with that left foot step is a more consistent and cheaper option than Latrell - we just need to keep him on the park. One could argue that we need a left centre but again we need to put more faith in Roberts, remember he was a mid season signing so had no pre-season with the team - in fact he appears to have spent his pre-season actively trashing his body. Further to that, what Roberts needs in order to have impact is good early ball (exactly what Latrell needs as well) and that comes down to Reynolds. A strong pre-season with Murray, Cook and Reynolds working together to create space for Roberts and we will see an entirely different player.

We should off-load Gagai and get a young up and coming back to fill the gap but remember we already have Burns, Roberts, Graham, AJ, Doueihi, Allan, Gebbie, Marsters, Goodwin, Denniss and Paulo in our stocks. Some potential cheapies currently without a club are John Olive, Aaron Gray, Javid Bowen, Gideon Gela-Moseby, Josh Hoffman and Mawene Hiroti is still open as well. I would pick up Hoffman in a second to give us more depth and then back the young talent we have

THEN we need to use Sam's retirement and some Gagai money to buy 3 forwards because we are seriously light in that area. Zane Tetevano, Frank Winterstein, Lloyd Perrett, Kurt Capewell, Scott Sorenson, Mitchell Allgood and Patrick Kaufusi are all available but they are all reserve graders. We currently look like having a forward pack of

8. T Burgess,
9.. Cook,
10. Knight,
11. Su'a,
12. Lowe,
13. Murray

with Tatola, Amone, Sironen and Nichols on the bench
and only Rodwell, Koloamatangi, Jack Johns and Dillon in our reggies.

We need 1 gun and 2 players at Nichols+ level. There is no way we are winning many games with that forward pack even accounting for Knight, Tatola and Murray to continue improving. Worst case scenario we need a big name signing for 2021 in the forwards and we need to snap up 3 or 4 of the players above and see if Bennett can do what Hasler did with the Sea Eagles this year and create a winning team from ordinary players

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Broncos will get gillett's salary relief and they desperately need a half.

And Seibold coached walker.

Milford would still be on more than walker and so would Boyd.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
All the talk about Latrell is fluff. Not only will he not be here but we dont need him. Latrell is a right centre and so is Burns and a fit Burns with that left foot step is a more consistent and cheaper option than Latrell - we just need to keep him on the park. One could argue that we need a left centre but again we need to put more faith in Roberts, remember he was a mid season signing so had no pre-season with the team - in fact he appears to have spent his pre-season actively trashing his body. Further to that, what Roberts needs in order to have impact is good early ball (exactly what Latrell needs as well) and that comes down to Reynolds. A strong pre-season with Murray, Cook and Reynolds working together to create space for Roberts and we will see an entirely different player.

We should off-load Gagai and get a young up and coming back to fill the gap but remember we already have Burns, Roberts, Graham, AJ, Doueihi, Allan, Gebbie, Marsters, Goodwin, Denniss and Paulo in our stocks. Some potential cheapies currently without a club are John Olive, Aaron Gray, Javid Bowen, Gideon Gela-Moseby, Josh Hoffman and Mawene Hiroti is still open as well. I would pick up Hoffman in a second to give us more depth and then back the young talent we have

THEN we need to use Sam's retirement and some Gagai money to buy 3 forwards because we are seriously light in that area. Zane Tetevano, Frank Winterstein, Lloyd Perrett, Kurt Capewell, Scott Sorenson, Mitchell Allgood and Patrick Kaufusi are all available but they are all reserve graders. We currently look like having a forward pack of

8. T Burgess,
9.. Cook,
10. Knight,
11. Su'a,
12. Lowe,
13. Murray

with Tatola, Amone, Sironen and Nichols on the bench
and only Rodwell, Koloamatangi, Jack Johns and Dillon in our reggies.

We need 1 gun and 2 players at Nichols+ level. There is no way we are winning many games with that forward pack even accounting for Knight, Tatola and Murray to continue improving. Worst case scenario we need a big name signing for 2021 in the forwards and we need to snap up 3 or 4 of the players above and see if Bennett can do what Hasler did with the Sea Eagles this year and create a winning team from ordinary players
Did I read correctly? Burns better than Latrell? Yeah, not in this lifetime. However, what you said about Roberts is very true. Jimmy needed this break because we got him injured and he needs to work with Reno more. Forwards we lost Sam Burgess, George Burgess, John Sutton and Kyle Turner in one go. That is our engine in the forwards all gone. They have to be replaced or we will get skittled for for sure.

handyman2190

Bench
Did I read correctly? Burns better than Latrell? Yeah, not in this lifetime. However, what you said about Roberts is very true. Jimmy needed this break because we got him injured and he needs to work with Reno more. Forwards we lost Sam Burgess, George Burgess, John Sutton and Kyle Turner in one go. That is our engine in the forwards all gone. They have to be replaced or we will get skittled for for sure.
I agree, id make tetevano the mongrell a priority, he would not be too expensive. I had heard pat mago may be signed

Travitoh

First Grade

Burns's worst is better than Latrell's worst.
In a value for money sense, Souths will get more out of Burns than what they will from Latrell

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
In a value for money sense, Souths will get more out of Burns than what they will from Latrell

Obviously that’s a big concern but Latrell also doesn’t have the injury concerns Burns does. I think Latrell’s problem with fading in and out of games is that he’s playing centre. Give him a spine position and get him more ball I can’t see why he wouldn’t shine.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Milf is useless,ive never rated him and id be as the tigers fans were when it was rumored he might go there,outraged, mitchell is a definite leap up in quality.
I wouldn't exactly say useless, but he is inconsistent. He can be an absolute genius in attack and switches to on fire and asleep in the same game. But if CW does go to broncs, I at least expect one Milf in return. But honestly, I can't really see Cody going to Bris. If his game isn't on from day one, they will boo him off the field and all the way back to Ipswich where his game will be put in cupboard. And honestly, Is it worth moving your family to Queensland with new schools and lots of costs all over a little bit more money which will be half spent on the move. Then there's what next after that. Does he stay and live up there permanently or move back to Sydney? How much longer will he play anyway? Can't see him going another four years.

handyman2190

Bench
I wouldn't exactly say useless, but he is inconsistent. He can be an absolute genius in attack and switches to on fire and asleep in the same game. But if CW does go to broncs, I at least expect one Milf in return. But honestly, I can't really see Cody going to Bris. If his game isn't on from day one, they will boo him off the field and all the way back to Ipswich where his game will be put in cupboard. And honestly, I'd it worth moving your family to Queensland with new schools and lots of costs all over a little bit more money? Then there's what next after that. Does he stay and live up there permanently or move back to Sydney? How much longer will he play anyway? Can't see him going another four years.
Cody in the end may buckle and accept our offer, relocating,schools etc may be too much in the end

Peter Quinn

Juniors
We can't really tell Trav, because we don't get to see Braidon for too long to make a call. I've never seen a player with so many days off. Sure, fit and healthy we might be able to get a look. But so far all I've seen is him sitting in the stand.

Travitoh

First Grade
Who's Pat Mago?

Kiwi middle forward from Brisbane via Canberra and NQ.
25 years old and a handful of first grade appearances at the Qld clubs.
Was well thought of as a junior but doesn't seem to have kicked on. Minumum salary and could be a late bloomer, Souths could do worse if he's being purchased as a reserve grade option.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Kiwi middle forward from Brisbane via Canberra and NQ.
25 years old and a handful of first grade appearances at the Qld clubs.
Was well thought of as a junior but doesn't seem to have kicked on. Minumum salary and could be a late bloomer, Souths could do worse if he's being purchased as a reserve grade option.
OK. That big prop that won Queensland cup player of the year would be a good pick up. He's only young too. I'll look his name up and get back shortly.

Latest posts