What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

OldPanther

Coach
Tonight at 8pm is the Thursday night game. I'll post here for anyone interested along with the other 7 games from the weekend as they go up according to the real life schedule. I will be implementing injuries/suspensions with a dice roll system on Reddit with a range of 1 - 5 games out. Also will be running a teamlist tuesday on Reddit. 15 minute halves on veteran difficulty with all players skills edited to be even to remove bias towards teams due to game mechanics.

Kilkenny

Coach
This whole virus situation is devastating for millions of people in our country and across the world so it’s probably selfish to express any view around the postponement of the Nrl or any other code.

No doubt the NRL will have contingency scenarios in place but I suspect this season is probably over.

i hope that some good will come from all of this and we will learn from from the mistakes made at the very beginning not least being the position taken by the Communist Regime in China. The damage done to the World economy is something which is going to take many years to recover from. Very very sad situation and something which could largely have been avoided.

franklin2323

Immortal
This whole virus situation is devastating for millions of people in our country and across the world so it’s probably selfish to express any view around the postponement of the Nrl or any other code.

No doubt the NRL will have contingency scenarios in place but I suspect this season is probably over.

i hope that some good will come from all of this and we will learn from from the mistakes made at the very beginning not least being the position taken by the Communist Regime in China. The damage done to the World economy is something which is going to take many years to recover from. Very very sad situation and something which could largely have been avoided.

F1 is planning to comeback mid June with international travel. NRL has a few months buffer.

Fans may not get to attend but the NRL players in their bubble will. Provided Cruise ships stay away

Kilkenny

Coach
F1 is planning to comeback mid June with international travel. NRL has a few months buffer.

Fans may not get to attend but the NRL players in their bubble will. Provided Cruise ships stay away

I hope so, but I don’t think so.

I think there is a bigger picture in this fiasco, hard lessons to be learnt and to ensure we insulate our future generations from the next and probably far worse pandemic we and the western world generally need to insulate ourselves from China. I’m not an economist but maybe just maybe we need to start making things again, kick start manufacturing our own product and services and not be so reliant on importing 90% of such goods and services particularly from the Republic of China and it’s communist regime.

I know this is a footy forum but can I just say I so hope the leaders of the Western world grow some balls and make a stand against the Republic of China and it dangerous Communist Regime who are responsible for this pandemic and the untold trillions of dollars and loss of life which it should be held accountable for.

franklin2323

Immortal

I think there is a bigger picture in this fiasco, hard lessons to be learnt and to ensure we insulate our future generations from the next and probably far worse pandemic we and the western world generally need to insulate ourselves from China. I’m not an economist but maybe just maybe we need to start making things again, kick start manufacturing our own product and services and not be so reliant on importing 90% of such goods and services particularly from the Republic of China and it’s communist regime.

I know this is a footy forum but can I just say I so hope the leaders of the Western world grow some balls and make a stand against the Republic of China and it dangerous Communist Regime who are responsible for this pandemic and the untold trillions of dollars and loss of life which it should be held accountable for.

Every sport in the World is aiming for June return. Lack of expansion means we are better protected as far as getting on the field.

Would be nice but the world is scared of China and won’t do anything

Kilkenny

Coach
Every sport in the World is aiming for June return. Lack of expansion means we are better protected as far as getting on the field.

Would be nice but the world is scared of China and won’t do anything

I’m not a Donald Trump fan, but unlike mainstream politicians he calls a spade a spade and at the very least he calls things for what they are in this global catastrophe.

We should be scared of China, there military build up in recent times has largely gone unchecked even if the US are only too well aware of the threat they pose.

Sad to say it but there will be no June return for any major sport this situation is going to be with us for six months or more.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m not a Donald Trump fan, but unlike mainstream politicians he calls a spade a spade and at the very least he calls things for what they are in this global catastrophe.

We should be scared of China, there military build up in recent times has largely gone unchecked even if the US are only too well aware of the threat they pose.

Sad to say it but there will be no June return for any major sport this situation is going to be with us for six months or more.

We will see. Most of ours seems to still come from overseas so the next few weeks it should drop.

100% agree on all of this.
When this is over a lot of people in this country will need jobs. A perfect opportunity to start manufacturing more things here and decrease our imports and dependency from China.
Surely we can do something.

Kilkenny

Coach
100% agree on all of this.
When this is over a lot of people in this country will need jobs. A perfect opportunity to start manufacturing more things here and decrease our imports and dependency from China.
Surely we can do something.

For too long now we have given up our capability on manufacturing because it is largely cheaper to simply import the same products from overseas (China for the most part) while at the same time sell off our greatest agricultural assets to the Chinese. It is a lose, lose situation and something I have been worried about for a long time not just since the onset of this recent virus.

If there is one positive to come from this catastrophe then just maybe it maybe we will be less reliant on cheaper imports from China and just maybe let’s start making things and manufacturing our own products again even if they cost a little or a lot more. Personally I would be happy to pay the difference if it means a better outcome for our country going forward.

Fangs

Coach
They stole my idea haha. Mine will be much better thought out with injuries/suspension and tracking the ladder.

I agree.

They probably won't keep up with it either. The why bother factor will stop most.

The cricket Australia video was done like a highlights real of the match. Professional journo doing a voice over of the key moments. Maybe try that sometime for match of the round.

Fangs

Coach
20 seconds left, behind by 2 and you have a goal line drop out to kick. Why kick it to halfway and meekly give the opposition the ball with no contest?

Dunderheaded performance by the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

OldPanther

Coach
20 seconds left, behind by 2 and you have a goal line drop out to kick. Why kick it to halfway and meekly give the opposition the ball with no contest?

Dunderheaded performance by the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

You'd think they'd be a clever bunch with the private schools out that way.

Kilkenny

Coach
At the time there were a lot of fans who promoted the Cleary to hooker option. It was just about fitting the best players into the spine positions. Panther Daz doesn’t venture on here anymore he had great contacts back in the day when his best mates were players at the club. He certainly wasn’t an imbecile as you refer to him, he was in fact a great source of information which almost always was a 100% correct. It happens, I enjoyed inside information back in the day when relatives, friends were involved with the club. No connections now so I just like everyone else rely on Blade and one or two others to feed us the inside info.

Latest posts