What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tigerm

First Grade
Obviously its only preseason, but unless they are holding back some FG players signatures, we have signed a lot of (hopefully) good kids, but f**k we do this development thing a lot for not much reward.

I cant see next year being much improved over this last season.

We lost a lot of players and it doesn't appear that we have replaced them, with at least similar skill sets.

The thing is, we have a bucket load of money and ….nothing (as yet). That money has to be spent, not sure who is available that commands that sort of coin, just think we have blown it, if LM doesn't turn up.

While I think we have a good management system in place, but if they cant entice a player with a million dollars a season, then something is wrong. Maybe we should have had 2 or 3 top players in play.

Its only early, so hopefully they have some great news coming.

Harry68

Juniors
Just in time for the news services then.

Still a lot of good players unsigned for 2021, and therefore possibly available for 2020 if their current club cuts them loose early.

I will be worried if multiple signing are not announced by the end of the week though.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I suppose that’s the one good rumour (if we want him which at this stage is probably still a yes) amongst a bunch of bad rumours.

Let’s see if it’s made official this arvo but the longer the day drags and nil press conference announced soon makes you wonder.

super_coach

First Grade
4pm today :thumbsup:
Hey Mac is this good oil or a hunch??? It may be done and dusted today, but if we are the winners you would think they would spend a day organising one hell of a presso to start cashing in on our big signing.

Personally I think we are 50 50 at best...but as you all know Iam a tad on the negative side.....comes with the turf of 60 years supporting the Tigers

The unknown

Juniors
If the announcement was today, we'd still need to see the official release from the Roosters first would we not? probably would have happened by now..

I guess we'll be waiting left in the dark all fckn week again, and if I was the Tigers id be giving them a deadline otherwise I'd tell Latrells management to f**k off we're not interested anymore

Tigerm

First Grade
China has accused Australia of being in a state of "hysteria" and questioned our "mental health" in a withering slapdown.

Don't these blokes know, we are all waiting to see what a 22yo kid will do :(:D:eek:

macnaz

Staff member
What's your tip son:}
Hey Mac is this good oil or a hunch??? It may be done and dusted today, but if we are the winners you would think they would spend a day organising one hell of a presso to start cashing in on our big signing.

Personally I think we are 50 50 at best...but as you all know Iam a tad on the negative side.....comes with the turf of 60 years supporting the Tigers
It's more of a positive hunch ;) after reading through press releases and social media and deciphering the stories. The main media like Telecrap etc changed their story every 24 hours but other sources seemed to slowly leak bits over weeks what they know from the inside without any agendas. So I'm just having faith they are on the money when they talk about today is the day :grinning:

Tcoggs

Juniors
You Balmain Boys think you're scarred, try coming from the Magpies side of the merger.
I'll take your scarred and raise you a PTSD....

Spot on Magpie Man..
My best memory was either 1978-1979 when we were minor premiers but bombed out 2 games into semis.

Tcoggs

Juniors
Hmmmmm . . . 1999 Magpies, or the Alan Jones coached Tigers.
One was a group of young men that were Fxxxxx, and the other was a group of young men that were doing their level best NOT to be Fxxxxx

Jacin Sinclair says hello Alan Jones......"The Bones Man"

Tigerm

First Grade
[QUOTE="macnaz, post: 13909475, member: E]
mitchelll-twala-1gp_1139.jpg

"Hey Al, someday I want to wear one of your jersey's"
"Anytime Bro"

Tigerm

First Grade
Unfortunately it wasn't today.
I just wish we would hard ball these blokes (Cleary did it) I want the kid here but not with these shenanigans.
Reading all the info on him, he seems to really only have our firm & exceedingly generous offer, time to tell him it has an expiry date. (tomorrow afternoon).
I just hope we have a plan B otherwise we are reliant on last years depleted side to carry us.