What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

WA Tiger

Bench
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...g/news-story/ecea792b609f16d68fe1bc34a444fe9b

NRL: Wests Tigers players reportedly confront Michael Maguire in ‘heated’ meeting
Ok well there it is...I find it hard to believe the existing game day players would be complaining coz they are Pretty much welded to the game day list ..(the backs anyway)? The new guys have been tried and dropped Reynolds was dropped when he prob should have played ...he’d prob be frustrated and the players prob want him playing..who else could be complaining ..I would guess there’s more to it

Tigerm

First Grade
Ok well there it is...I find it hard to believe the existing game day players would be complaining coz they are Pretty much welded to the game day list ..(the backs anyway)? The new guys have been tried and dropped Reynolds was dropped when he prob should have played ...he’d prob be frustrated and the players prob want him playing..who else could be complaining ..I would guess there’s more to it
I guess the ones who are complaining are the ones that have been dropped.

Vozzy

Juniors
All the quotes in that article are from James Hooper saying what he thinks they said

Even if he is right the players need to be accountable here. They are worried about being dropped from one bad performance. Bullshit. It's been 6-7 years worth of bad performances and now we have a coach that doesn't give players games when they gone soft no matter the profile.

He even gave them a light hearted approach to change things as they apparently asked for and they got embarrassed the following week by Newcastle. The club needs to back the coach he or it will be another 10 years.

Vozzy

Juniors
Journalist always exaggerate everything. Someone having a heated discussion isn't an argument it shows passion both sides being disappointed in current results. It was probably done like a sit down counciling session. Probably what is needed people to have a say and then you get back to work and try better next game nothing else can be done at this stage. Thing is Michael McGuire seems to be the kind of bloke who is taking just as much responsibility as the players he hasn't once used the excuse it's what he inherited. I believe that he believes that he can find something in what he has. So far it's been all talk but I think he is only doing what he can. It's going to be similar shit next season so bring in 2022. It's disappointing from a fans point of view but tigers fans are most loyal we keep watching and keep riding with this team no matter what.

Tigerm

First Grade
Journalist always exaggerate everything. Someone having a heated discussion isn't an argument it shows passion both sides being disappointed in current results. It was probably done like a sit down counciling session. Probably what is needed people to have a say and then you get back to work and try better next game nothing else can be done at this stage. Thing is Michael McGuire seems to be the kind of bloke who is taking just as much responsibility as the players he hasn't once used the excuse it's what he inherited. I believe that he believes that he can find something in what he has. So far it's been all talk but I think he is only doing what he can. It's going to be similar shit next season so bring in 2022. It's disappointing from a fans point of view but tigers fans are most loyal we keep watching and keep riding with this team no matter what.
I think many of the players let themselves, the club, the coaching staff and the fans down terribly, I don’t see why they think they have any sort of right on there side.
They were simply not up to the task, you can lose a game but to continually lose to sides you should not be losing to is just bullshit.
Though I do concede some of Madge’s selections were head scratching. And not finding a decent goal kicker was terrible.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think many of the players let themselves, the club, the coaching staff and the fans down terribly, I don’t see why they think they have any sort of right on there side.
They were simply not up to the task, you can lose a game but to continually lose to sides you should not be losing to is just bullshit.
Though I do concede some of Madge’s selections were head scratching. And not finding a decent goal kicker was terrible.

I reckon Madge has picked the team as well as possible and given all players a go. Elijah Taylor in an interview called him fair.

I don't think the players are letting anyone down. Some players have the talent but as a group they aren't good enough. They are trying and doing their best.

They don't have any right to be picked in the team unless they are killing it on the field.

The problem with talking about this though is that it's a made up article from a dodgy journalist.

Choiboi

Juniors
Yep, absolute professional. It's just a shame he is the one without a contract and the others are, so the tigers hands are tied as they need to strengthen their roster and make sure the top 28 next year is stronger than this year

Tigerm

First Grade
On the NRL site.

stat-attack-average-run-metres_20200903.jpg

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep, absolute professional. It's just a shame he is the one without a contract and the others are, so the tigers hands are tied as they need to strengthen their roster and make sure the top 28 next year is stronger than this year

I'm sure the club would prefer Benji to stay compared to every other half option that we have but unfortunately that is the way it goes.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm sure the club would prefer Benji to stay compared to every other half option that we have but unfortunately that is the way it goes.
Yes, if Josh or Luke's contracts were up this year, I'm sure one if not (maybe) both would be going and Benji staying. Just a timing thing for Benji.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yes, if Josh or Luke's contracts were up this year, I'm sure one if not (maybe) both would be going and Benji staying. Just a timing thing for Benji.

It's poor cap management but the real problem is Cleary's signings. We need a prop for instance but we won't have the money until Packer goes. Packer can't go because no club will take him for what we are paying him.

Das Hassler

Bench
It's poor cap management but the real problem is Cleary's signings. We need a prop for instance but we won't have the money until Packer goes. Packer can't go because no club will take him for what we are paying him.

Few clubs. .if any would take him for half of what we're paying him. I think Packer has been left behind as much as any player i could think of by the changes in the game this year.

WA Tiger

Bench

Tiger M
“I respect the guy, but he is 35yo and it’s time to retire. Would you prefer him do a Changa Langlands?
We have a shit load of options in the halves, who prob won’t do any worse than what we did this year.

Your like a bloody echo of what others say ..Why can’t u have your own opinion and stick to it

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Tiger M
“I respect the guy, but he is 35yo and it’s time to retire. Would you prefer him do a Changa Langlands?
We have a shit load of options in the halves, who prob won’t do any worse than what we did this year. If some of the other big value contracts ended, they would prob be told the samething”.

Your like a bloody echo of what others say ..Why can’t u have your own opinion and stick to it
Well, someone's upset that Benji's leaving. Not sure what your point Is, but fact checking before posting would be helpful.

Last edited: