What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Signings

Chimp

Juniors
Seen an article on Fox talking about players being shopped to the UK for 2020 and got me thinking, what positions do we think we'll be looking to recruit externally for the 2020 season?

Daniel Alvaro was one of names floated as UK bound - reckon he could do a job in our pack.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Need a winger most certainly. Feki and Katoa don’t do it for me although I wouldn’t mind seeing Aaron Gray stick around on a small wage. He’s been better since he got his chance.

Maybe another prop or a second rower. Once Gallen retires I dare say it’ll be Williams going into 13 which opens up a bench spot for possible Uele or another young kid/new signing.

We need to look for young wingers/centres in lower grades of other NRL teams.

With Feki most likely going to the UK and Katoa not likely to be anything really special all that is left is a bit of potential in the Canterbury Cup Side.

We still have to look to add a good young prop to our depth. Prior is looking old now and who knows how much Fifita has left with his legs failing him.

R-15-3

Juniors
I’d be looking for more props, Fifita doesn’t look far off a long term injury and Prior on a slight decline the last few years, Uele looks good but not enough games under his belt to rely on leaves only Woods who has played well since at the club but his form has drifted over the years. Bit of talk around Matt Lodge? Hate him but could do 2 things, bring out the worst of Fifita off the field or the best on it, I don’t wont to take that gamble

sharkman73

Juniors
Stating the obvious but we need a quality winger. I'm assuming Duges takes one wing spot when Moyza returns. That still leaves one gaping hole on the other side. The three option in Gray, Katoa and Feki are all sub standard.

Middle forwards, we're fine for NRL standard guys. Uele has been an unexpected bonus this year and needs to be on the bench when we're full strength. A couple of younger props to develop would be ideal.

chewsta

First Grade
Wouldnt mind seeing more of Ronaldo on the wing. Had a few howlers in his first game but was playing out of position and received no help from Kennedy.
Has plenty of mongrel and is a big tall fugger. Could make a good go of it with some catching practice.

Ads

First Grade
No idea of the contract status but I would look at Fusitua and DWZ for the wings. Both big enough and fast enough whilst being good finishers. Not top tier but certainly an upgrade.

Latest posts