What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

possm

Coach
He definitely is. I would love to see him playing with our new look spine. Aitken is getting plenty of good clean ball the last weeks, Wiliame can actually pass, it would add another dimension to the team.
Yes, I agree! And Saab is going to find it very hard to shine this week on the left wing outside Aitken.

possm

Coach
That's his problem, Rav and Zac are both committed to the club long-term.
CC
Ravalawa, Lomax, Pereira, and Saab are all signed up to or beyond the end of 2021. We also have the Feagai twins, Ramsey and Schiller coming through over the next season or two. So with a good coach, I believe we have have some good talent in our backline now.

Once Williame returns and Saab gets over his manager's/father's ideas for a more lucrative contract elsewhere, we may end up with a great backline full of speed and attacking flair:

Run-On 13
1. Ramsey / Schiller
2. Saab / Pereira
3. Lomax / Feagai
4. William / Feagai
5. Ravalawa / Feagai
6. Dufty / Sailor
7. Clune / Sullivan
8. Kerr / Lawrie / K Sims
9. Hunt / Brittain
10. Vaughan / Ellis / Blacker
11. T Sims / Ford
12. Fuimaono / Host
13. McInnes / Merrin

Possible Bench
Kerr
Lawrie
Merrin
Brittain

Gone
Lafai, Aitken, Pearson, Frizell, Graham, Luke, Leilua, and possibly De Belin will all be gone for season 2021.

Possible Recruits
Ellis - Panthers - Prop - signed
Elliot - Dogs - Prop
Cotric - Raiders - Back 5
D Fifita - Broncos - Backrow

Last edited:

Wolfgang ofihd

Juniors
Ravalawa, Lomax, Pereira, and Saab are all signed up to or beyond the end of 2021. We also have the Feagai twins, Ramsey and Schiller coming through over the next season or two. So with a good coach, I believe we have have some good talent in our backline now.

Once Williame returns and Saab gets over his manager's/father's ideas for a more lucrative contract elsewhere, we may end up with a great backline full of speed and attacking flair:

Run-On 13
1. Ramsey / Schiller
2. Saab / Pereira
3. Lomax / Feagai
4. William / Feagai
5. Ravalawa / Feagai
6. Dufty / Sailor
7. Clune / Sullivan
9. Hunt / Brittain
11. T Sims / Ford
12. Fuimaono / Host
13. McInnes / Merrin

Possible Bench
Kerr
Lawrie
Merrin
Brittain

Gone
Lafai, Aitken, Pearson, Frizell, Graham, Luke, Leilua, and possibly De Belin will all be gone for season 2021.

Possible Recruits
Elliot - Dogs - Prop

Liking this team. Nice work! It's a team with good potential.

Not sold on dufty in the halves. Would target Matt burton or Jerome luai from the Panthers. Both have a great running game and good kicking game.

Could play dufty from the bench instead of Britain and use him as a super sub to come on in the last 20mins of each half. Use his speed/agility against tiring middles? Would also provide some backline cover.

Also wouldn't have Lawrie and merrin both on the bench as they lack speed and lateral movement. Prefer merrin for his offloads.

We should target players like Thomas Flegler/Lindsay Collins/Sitili Tupinoua as they are all mobile big powerful forwards with great upside. Modern day forwards need to be agile and have good lateral movement.

Without frizz we desperately need some speed in that pack otherwise it's one paced and a bit too slow for my liking.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Run-On 13
1. Ramsey / Schiller
2. Saab / Pereira
3. Lomax / Feagai
4. William / Feagai
5. Ravalawa / Feagai
6. Dufty / Sailor
7. Clune / Sullivan
9. Hunt / Brittain
11. T Sims / Ford
12. Fuimaono / Host
13. McInnes / Merrin

Possible Bench
Kerr
Lawrie
Merrin
Brittain

Gone

Possible Recruits
Elliot - Dogs - Prop

I have a feeling a few of those you listed won't be here in 2021.

My guess is Saab, Sailor, K. Sims and Host won't be with us. JDB situation is still unresolved.

With the change of game, Dufty has come into his element at fullback and I think Ellis will surprise a lot of people. If the CHN deal goes through then we won't chase Elliott and rumours around we are looking at one of the Saifiti bros from Newy. And don't be surprised if Aitken gets an further 1yr extension.

2021 may look something like this:
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Aitken
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Clune
8. Vaughan
9. Hunt
10. Saifiti
11. CHN
12. T. Sims
13. McInnes

14. Ellis
15. Lawrie
16. Fui
17. Ford
I deliberately left out JDB at this stage.

redVinme

Bench
I have a feeling a few of those you listed won't be here in 2021.

My guess is Saab, Sailor, K. Sims and Host won't be with us. JDB situation is still unresolved.

With the change of game, Dufty has come into his element at fullback and I think Ellis will surprise a lot of people. If the CHN deal goes through then we won't chase Elliott and rumours around we are looking at one of the Saifiti bros from Newy. And don't be surprised if Aitken gets an further 1yr extension.

2021 may look something like this:
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Aitken
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Clune
8. Vaughan
9. Hunt
10. Saifiti
11. CHN
12. T. Sims
13. McInnes

14. Ellis
15. Lawrie
16. Fui
17. Ford
I deliberately left out JDB at this stage.

Kerr?

possm

Coach
Can I give Trent Merrin a wrap. Provides second phase play that has seriously been missing until last couple of weeks.
Getting fitter I think he'll improve as we push for the 8.
Do you see Merrin mainly as a prop or lock coming off the bench?

possm

Coach
What makes you think Saab will play on the left? Pretty sure Rav will move back to the left, with Saab on the right outside Zac
After lsast weeks performance, I'd say that Ravalawa will stay on the right in order to perfect a combination with Lomax.

If Saab continues with his demand for a release, the Dragons will drop him and select Pereira or promote a young gun (Feagai or Ramsey) to the left-wing position.

Latest posts