What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

Vic Mackey

Referee
Sadly I don’t see much improvement unless we can move some over paid guys on. Benji and Lawrence are still unknown. Word is we can only afford fairly average players for the last 3 spots

Confirmed 2020 Signings

1. Thompson
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Mbye
  5. Momirovski
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Liddle
  10. Matulino
  11. Matterson
  12. Garner
  13. Twal
  14. Eisenhuth
  15. CheeKam
  16. Aloiai
  17. Mikaele
  18. Taylor
  19. McQueen
  20. Clarke
  21. Jennings
  22. McIntyre
  23. Bradley
  24. Talau
  25. Seyfarth
  26. Madden
  27. Smith

Tigerm

First Grade
Still believe we did OK with this squad, again I think a stable GK from the get / go, we would have been comfortably in the 8. Some pace in the back should see us looking competitive, imo.

Still believe we did OK with this squad, again I think a stable GK from the get / go, we would have been comfortably in the 8. Some pace in the back should see us looking competitive, imo.
Yeah I guess with hindsight we did very well, all things considered.

Tiger05

First Grade
We need some better players but that requires moving on some players who are overpaid and not delivering.

If we have no injuries, Benji stays and fires and a couple of players improve we can make the 8 but we really need a couple of quality players to improve.

Vic, I'd flog the shite out of the following in the off season (if we have to keep all of them)
For starters, the backs - Sprint training and plenty of it, all have to get down to Ado-Carr pace (as if).
  1. Thompson
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Mbye
  5. Momirovski
  6. Jennings
  7. Bradley
  8. Talau
  9. Brooks
  10. Reynolds
Then there has to be more than one goal kicker, so Goal kicking and plenty of it for:
  1. Marsters
  2. Momirovski
  3. Talau
  4. Mybe
  5. Madden
  6. Madden
Then there's the big thing that Brooks needs but others need to learn and improve as well so, Field kicking, 40/20, within opp 20, keeping it in the in-goal etc.

1. Brooks
  2. Reynolds
  3. Madden

Tiger05

First Grade
Get rid of:-

1. Reynolds
2. Packer
3. McQueen

Why - they are overpaid and pretty ordinary. They don't make our best team despite being highly paid.

Decisions need to be made if we keep the following players:-

1. Marsters
2. Mbye

-- I don't know what we do with these two. They have their moments. They look likely to be gun players but likely doesn't count.

1. At least one big fast outside back - ideally to replace Jennings. If we get rid of Marsters or Mbye we probably need two gun outside backs.
2. Ideally a gun right edge backrower so Matterson can play in the middle.

I don't think we are that far off but that is the same every year.

The unknown

Juniors
We need an origin player or two mixed with youth to spark interest for me next year. Can't really see us doing any better than this year

Fordy20

Juniors
Sadly I don’t see much improvement unless we can move some over paid guys on. Benji and Lawrence are still unknown. Word is we can only afford fairly average players for the last 3 spots.

I don't even know if we can field a cap compliant team for next year. You can go to July 1 next year with 29 players before having to sign one more player or upgrade a development contract. There is still a lot of money wrapped up in players on overs and there is the salary cap penalty to deal with too. On top of that, our main hooker is gone for next season. Apart from Benji and Lawrence, I don't think anyone else is eligible for the long serving player allowance, but even if they both played for minimum wage, we'd need to find $10k extra outside of the veteran allowance to pay them.

I reckon we're just waiting to see if Marshall wants to play on.