What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

They play 15 minutes away and its enough for you not to go. This says everything about why NRL does not get good crowds and why a Sydney team should be relocated and why Cronulla is in the mix for that. They might as well have spent the year in North Sydney or Adelaide.
itd be like Canberrans not being prepared to watch the raiders in Queanbeyan or the reverse , fans over there not being prepared to make the 30 minute trip to bruce.

neither happens

its a sydney attitude
i reserve the right to keep my team in the NRL , but be buggered if i will put in much effort to attend games even if they're only playing up the road from me

claytons fans
the fan you are when you're not really a fan

T-Boon

Coach
itd be like Canberrans not being prepared to watch the raiders in Queanbeyan or the reverse , fans over there not being prepared to make the 30 minute trip to bruce.

neither happens

its a sydney attitude
i reserve the right to keep my team in the NRL , but be buggered if i will put in much effort to attend games even if they're only playing up the road from me

claytons fans

Yep. If you are happy to watch on tv let your team move somewhere that fans will turn up.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

neither happens

its a sydney attitude

claytons fans
Wanker of a post considering you know nothing of my situation or even where I live. Over the last 10 years or so I’ve been to roughly 80% of home games. Both last year and this I’ll have attended maybe half the games but choose to continue to support the club with full memberships. My apologies if f you have any issue with this.

Valheru

Coach

neither happens

its a sydney attitude

claytons fans

You might have a point if canberra didn't literally have the lowest crowd average of any club over the last 10 seasons (2020 excluded).

Wanker of a post considering you know nothing of my situation or even where I live. Over the last 10 years or so I’ve been to roughly 80% of home games. Both last year and this I’ll have attended maybe half the games but choose to continue to support the club with full memberships. My apologies if f you have any issue with this.
who said i was talking to you .. wanker ?

I said Sydneysiders in general

You might have a point if canberra didn't literally have the lowest crowd average of any club over the last 10 seasons (2020 excluded).
we have been crap for all bar about 3 of those ten seasons & play in the harshest conditions in Australian sport. Its only been recently we've been even close to acceptable .. from around 2016
but lets test your theory anyway
lets pick a sydney side .. a pretty successful one in the period 2016 to 2019
hmmm , how bout your roosters
4 final series appearances & back to back titles in 2018/19

against the raiders
2 finals series appearances & no titles

Roosters should be waaaaaayyyy ahead .. like miles eh

Roosters averaged 14,036 in that period of time ( boosted hugely by hosting 2 ANZAC matches in that period , like hugely )
the Raiders 13,251

If i was grading the 2 lots of fans for effort it'd be
4/10 for the Roosters
7/10 for the Raiders

We have excuses .. what are the roosters ??

Valheru

Coach
we have been crap for all bar about 3 of those ten seasons & play in the harshest conditions in Australian sport. Its only been recently we've been even close to acceptable .. from around 2016
but lets test your theory anyway
lets pick a sydney side .. a pretty successful one in the period 2016 to 2019
hmmm , how bout your roosters
4 final series appearances & back to back titles in 2018/19

against the raiders
2 finals series appearances & no titles

Roosters should be waaaaaayyyy ahead .. like miles eh

Roosters averaged 14,036 in that period of time ( boosted hugely by hosting 2 ANZAC matches in that period , like hugely )
the Raiders 13,251

If i was grading the 2 lots of fans for effort it'd be
4/10 for the Roosters
7/10 for the Raiders

We have excuses .. what are the roosters ??

Thanks for that rant.

You are the dope who said the following.

neither happens

its a sydney attitude

claytons fans

The pertinent part being "Sydney attitude" and "clayton fans".

The problem for you is that every single Sydney team has outperformed the raiders in terms of crowds in the last 10 years, every single one of them.

Your little sook about the roosters and ANZAC day doesn't change that fact.

Generalzod

Immortal
They play 15 minutes away and its enough for you not to go. This says everything about why NRL does not get good crowds and why a Sydney team should be relocated and why Cronulla is in the mix for that. They might as well have spent the year in North Sydney or Adelaide.
The game was scheduled to be played at the Sunshine Coast so people would have made other engagements like (holidays) down south...

T-Boon

Coach
Newcastle should be next in line for a stadium upgrade. Get those ends grandstanded and 40k capacity.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sharks fans are so passionate they will not even travel to Kogarah which is about 15 minutes up the road? They are begging for a relocating.

bit harsh, all of the sharks fans were there. That’s all they’ve got. (unless it’s a once in a fifty year grand final lol)

yadamisha

Juniors
bit harsh, all of the sharks fans were there. That’s all they’ve got. (unless it’s a once in a fifty year grand final lol)

Apart from being a moronic and ignorant statement, the ground staff announced a sell out! 20 mins before kick off with long lines looking to buy tickets. Why I don't know given the number of spare seats in the ground. Cronulla staff were trying to get extra tickets available to sell because of that reason, nothing to do with the club why lines of sharks fans were locked out.

PS Kogarah is a shit ground to watch footy at - for view and catering, a common theme among all the sharks fans there, the sooner we are back home the better. That another major reason why - its a better view on TV!

yadamisha

Juniors

Such a ignorant view- you have no idea! Cronulla won' be relocated - one of the richest Sydney teams.

taipan

Referee

neither happens

its a sydney attitude

claytons fans

Queanbeyan is part of Raider's territory, and the ground was their former home.In fact their inaugural ground.

Jubilee whatever it is called now, is not ,never has been Shark's home nor its territory.
It's got little to do with the trip.It has to do with that fact, tribalism (where you exist)and the ground is akin to Brookvale on steroids.

The NRL in fact reserves the right to keep teams.They could relocate any club they so choose ,if push comes to shove.
Anycase a club with 53 years under its belt, their fans have some say on its homebase, especially as their home base is being upgraded and revenue lifted and owned by the NRL club(unique that).And on population ratio basis more than match bigger clubs.
When clubs nearly fill their actual home grounds regularly,I'll sit up and take notice of criticisms.Knights at least are to be congratulated, on that aspect.

Thanks for that rant.

You are the dope who said the following.

The pertinent part being "Sydney attitude" and "clayton fans".

The problem for you is that every single Sydney team has outperformed the raiders in terms of crowds in the last 10 years, every single one of them.

Your little sook about the roosters and ANZAC day doesn't change that fact.

you brought up our average .. dope..
however a closer look has the equal most succesful NRL team in the last 20 years , a team from ..

Sydney

Your team

barely averaging any more then the team who has averaged the lowest crowd numbers in the last 10 years & if it wasn't for the ANZAC matches
wouldn't have averaged more ...
wow haha
id say thats an ... Attitude.. problem wouldn't you
bit claytonish from roosters fans

I can analyze the other 8 Sydney clubs too if you'd like
but I thought I'd start with your pathetic mob

Last edited: