What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Generalzod

Immortal
People were being turned away from the ground and it was declared a “sell out”.

I think it was a reduced capacity due to it being moved there last minute. It seemed like it was kind of being operated at a skeleton staff level too.
Where people really been turned away?

taipan

Referee
They don't play there , the point being for years , 1982 to 89 thousands , & I mean thousands travelled to Seiffert in those years , not a guess .. the line of traffic going back to canberra with white & blue plates was proof
And its the reverse nowdays , with thousands of fans travelling from Queanbeyan. It makes no difference to our fans. They could play in Goulburn & they'd turn up.

We'd still crack 20K members on our ear today if we were still playing in Queanbeyan. The Raiders are the new black in this town again ...our fans have always been there tho just waiting... screaming for some consistency & a team worth turning up to see.

How any teams fans could abandon their side because they had to make the difficult decision to relocate to another ground for just 2 bloody years , but just up the road , is beyond me.
Where would sharks fans have wanted them to play exactly ?

Its astounding

The point I'm trying to makes you develop a home base for many years .The Sharks have used Shark Park for nigh on 50 years.
Because of the development involving the Leagues club and surrounds, they have had to use Jubilee which is not a rectangular stadium.Many Sharks' fans go to Jubilee, others don't because of the fact they hate the ground.
So of course fans turn up ,but TBH very one who turns up at Bruce would not turn up at Goulburn.
Again you prove my point on the matter of competitiveness.In 2018 the Raiders averaged 11,862 at home, in 2019 15,764 when they made the grand final.Must have abandoned their side even when playing at home. Mate, fans are fickle. Whether it be position on the ladder, putting in the hard yards or the patch of ground they are playing.
if Seiffert had 20k seating I'd possibly agree,so I can't agree with your premise.

Whether we like it or not ,there are stick solid fans, keen fans but get the dirts when the team doesn't perform, bandwaggoners and the casuals .
The Shark's fans are not abandoning their side.How many are supposedly abandoning for starters?
At home a no brainer,first ,second and third.Even their admin admits it's not the ideal situation.

.When Parra had to play at Belmore many moons ago ,when the old stadium was burnt down for replacement, before the current one,their crowds dropped off.
Look, at the home crowds Parra gets at their new stadium, compared to the ANZ .

That's not astounding that is the reality of sporting life.

The point I'm trying to makes you develop a home base for many years .The Sharks have used Shark Park for nigh on 50 years.
Because of the development involving the Leagues club and surrounds, they have had to use Jubilee which is not a rectangular stadium.Many Sharks' fans go to Jubilee, others don't because of the fact they hate the ground.
So of course fans turn up ,but TBH very one who turns up at Bruce would not turn up at Goulburn.
Again you prove my point on the matter of competitiveness.In 2018 the Raiders averaged 11,862 at home, in 2019 15,764 when they made the grand final.Must have abandoned their side even when playing at home. Mate, fans are fickle. Whether it be position on the ladder, putting in the hard yards or the patch of ground they are playing.
if Seiffert had 20k seating I'd possibly agree,so I can't agree with your premise.

Whether we like it or not ,there are stick solid fans, keen fans but get the dirts when the team doesn't perform, bandwaggoners and the casuals .
The Shark's fans are not abandoning their side.How many are supposedly abandoning for starters?
At home a no brainer,first ,second and third.Even their admin admits it's not the ideal situation.

.When Parra had to play at Belmore many moons ago ,when the old stadium was burnt down for replacement, before the current one,their crowds dropped off.

id cop your argument if your crowds were down a bit
but
no one is turning up , literally

that reflects badly on sharks fans & no amount of polish will make that turd shine..
your members were allowed in for free on saturday

free

& the Raiders still provided 25% of the fans for that double header
the discussion ends there.

but

that reflects badly on sharks fans & no amount of polish will make that turd shine..

free

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
but

free

You do realise it was a Sharks home game that was allocated to the Sunshine Coast originally. Effectively.... for the season ticket holders that chose to attend ...they just got the opportunity to attend a 11th home game this year. It was not free as we didn’t get a discount from our season tickets because we gave a couple of games away this year.

yadamisha

Juniors
but

free

Like shit Canberra fans made up 25%. There were some there but no where near 25%. The game was sold out and many a Sharks fan was turned away at the gate for a ground that has plenty of room!. Get your facts straight!
That crowd figure for the 2nd game was for the majority Sharks fans hanging around!

Last edited:

Latest posts