What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
There’s more to do in Sydney generally, though. And I’m sure the peak-minute traffic conditions play havoc in regional centres lol

Sydney clubs also benefit from two sets of fans for many games being able to attend, unlike one city clubs. You know

re tv, not really, what is sydneys tv audience for most games, less than 5% of population?

Sydney clubs also benefit from two sets of fans for many games being able to attend, unlike one city clubs. You know

re tv, not really, what is sydneys tv audience for most games, less than 8%?

Newcastle and Canberra for example have expats that attend games as neutrals or when their Sydney team visits. Excluding that, they pretty much have the hearts and minds of the rest of the region with next to zero competition.

Valheru

Coach
theres 8.5 NRL teams in Sydney
less per captia then Newcastle

3 A league teams that couldn't fill redfern oval between them
the waratahs who couldn't fill a phone box
& the 2 AFL teams , one with a bit of support & one with none

Canberra has less then 500K & we have 3 professional sports teams

the one team town excuses don't stack up

Canberra fans don't even turn out as a 1 team town as the last 10 years have proven.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well that is just false.

Brisbane games have a heap of away fans made of expats who take the opportunity to see their team once a year and travellers making a weekend of it.

a couple of hundred maybe, certainly not the 15-20k active fans most Sydney clubs have who could go to away games in Their own city.

Valheru

Coach
a couple of hundred maybe, certainly not the 15-20k active fans most Sydney clubs have who could go to away games in Their own city.

Rubbish.

Have you been to a broncos game at suncorp?

In a 35k crowd there is generally 5-10k away fans and I doubt brisbane fans would dispute that.

Away Sydney fans don't need to go to games because they have home games they can get to. In places like Brisbane and Melbourne they literally get one chance a year to see their team.

That’s interest you bring that up PR. Over the years I’ve noticed less away fans since memberships became a thing. Me personally, I used to go to about 5/6 away games as well as all Jets at Henson games. Since making the investment in annual membership over the years I’m lucky to go to 2 other (usually Leichhardt as a neutral) NRL games plus a couple of Jets games a year. We’re on a budget like anyone else and it’s hard to justify it to my missus. I wonder how many other members attend less away games for similar reasons.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Melbourne could have been better but I’m not sure of restrictions and such. Great crowd Newcastle amazing loyal fans.
Canberra crowds have been pretty good in recent years so should be good tonight.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That’s interest you bring that up PR. Over the years I’ve noticed less away fans since memberships became a thing. Me personally, I used to go to about 5/6 away games as well as all Jets at Henson games. Since making the investment in annual membership over the years I’m lucky to go to 2 other (usually Leichhardt as a neutral) NRL games plus a couple of Jets games a year. We’re on a budget like anyone else and it’s hard to justify it to my missus. I wonder how many other members attend less away games for similar reasons.

yeh cost is certainly an issue, especially when you’ve paid for all your home games already. To boost crowds in Sydney Id have a set number of reciprocal free or heavily discounted tickets for full members of the away club. You could set it depending on the acpvg latent capacity fo the stadium ie anz 20k tickets available, the smaller grounds 3-5k etc. would be a way of filling grounds and creating better atmospheres.

seanoff

Juniors
do the sydney clubs offer home and away memberships? the melbourne afl clubs have that option

mmm apparently not

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Raiders ticket sales look extremely good. They’ve been selling at 75% (even though they don’t need to) and slowly release more seats as required. Looks like it could be a 20k crowd tonight. But, only Suncorp is my forte so we will see!

Raiders ticket sales look extremely good. They’ve been selling at 75% (even though they don’t need to) and slowly release more seats as required. Looks like it could be a 20k crowd tonight. But, only Suncorp is my forte so we will see!

my pax was 17000

On Tuesday

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Rubbish.

Have you been to a broncos game at suncorp?

In a 35k crowd there is generally 5-10k away fans and I doubt brisbane fans would dispute that.

Away Sydney fans don't need to go to games because they have home games they can get to. In places like Brisbane and Melbourne they literally get one chance a year to see their team.
In a crowd of 45k at Suncorp the away fans usually make up about 3-7k in my opinion. It largely depends on how quickly it sells out. Broncos fans are pretty quiet unless it is a tense match or there have been some shenanigans. Away fans at Suncorp are always extremely loud.

The most away fans I’ve ever seen at Suncorp was Wayne’s first visit as the dragons coach in 2009, there would have possibly been 10k dragons fans at that. The Titans “home” game there against us in 2007 was pretty impressive too.

Valheru

Coach
In a crowd of 45k at Suncorp the away fans usually make up about 3-7k in my opinion. It largely depends on how quickly it sells out. Broncos fans are pretty quiet unless it is a tense match or there have been some shenanigans. Away fans at Suncorp are always extremely loud.

The most away fans I’ve ever seen at Suncorp was Wayne’s first visit as the dragons coach in 2009, there would have possibly been 10k dragons fans at that. The Titans “home” game there against us in 2007 was pretty impressive too.

Fair enough.

I have been to two chooks games there, the 2015 GP game and the 2018 game where Roberts scored on the buzzer.

Both seemed to have 5k plus chooks fans but as you say could have just felt like that due to exuberance.