What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 DS Promotion, Franchise & Transition Tag Amounts

abpanther

Staff member
Promoted
Gabriel Davis, WR, BUF - 4 years

Demoted
Khalil Herbert, RB, CHI
D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, SEA
Carlos Basham, DE, BUF
Talanoa Hufanga, S, SF

Cut from Taxi Squad
Jace Sternberger, TE, GB

What wage is a player that gets promoted from the taxi squad?

If I put CEH on the taxi squad, does that open me up to create a new contract for him? Or is the whole years thing just for rookies that got placed on the taxi squad when they were drafted and just being promoted now?

zombie jesus

Staff member
What wage is a player that gets promoted from the taxi squad?

If I put CEH on the taxi squad, does that open me up to create a new contract for him? Or is the whole years thing just for rookies that got placed on the taxi squad when they were drafted and just being promoted now?
The salaries for promoted players are the first post in this thread, it goes up depending on how long they've been on the taxi squad for. It's 10% of the transition tag, then 15% for second year, 20% for third etc.

Yeah, only guys who are already there from previous years or 2021 2nd-6th round picks get the salary reset. Anyone else you have eligible for the taxi squad on the league site keeps their current deal.

Thanks man, also do I have to have 34 players? Or I can just have any amount as long as I can fill a starting lineup?

Where is the auction taking place?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Thanks man, also do I have to have 34 players? Or I can just have any amount as long as I can fill a starting lineup?

Where is the auction taking place?
Yeah, as long as you have a starting line up, 34 is just a max.
Auction is on the league site.

skeepe

Immortal
Cut Kenny Willekes and Tanner Muse direct from my taxi squad.

Demoted Clelin Ferrell and Chuba Hubbard to the taxi squad.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Promoting Tony Pollard from the taxi squad.

Am I right in saying he should be $6,000?

If so, I’ll give him 3 years, thanks.

Can I also get a clarification - if I’m to demote someone now to the taxi, I’d save the $1,000 on the cap, but then to promote him, it’d end up costing more, wouldn’t it? But if I cut him from the taxi squad, would there be a cap hit? Sorry for the dumb question.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Promoting Tony Pollard from the taxi squad.

Am I right in saying he should be $6,000?

If so, I’ll give him 3 years, thanks.

Can I also get a clarification - if I’m to demote someone now to the taxi, I’d save the $1,000 on the cap, but then to promote him, it’d end up costing more, wouldn’t it? But if I cut him from the taxi squad, would there be a cap hit? Sorry for the dumb question.
Pollard will be $9,000 as he's in his third year on the taxi squad.

Only rookies demoted before the season can be cut from the taxi squad without a cap hit as they get their contract reset. Regular cap hit for 2nd year+ players or rookies demoted since the season began.

raiders_boy

Juniors
Ok thanks.

Tough decision on Pollard. $9000 is a lot for a backup RB. I think I’ll still give him 3 years… 😬

zombie jesus

Staff member
Franchise TagTransition TagTaxi Squad Promotion
QB19000125001500
RB41000330003500
WR35000270003000
TE20000135001500
DL14500120001500
LB750065001000
DB850065001000