What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 EF 2 Sun - Parramatta 28-20 Newcastle @ Browne

Finals Week 1: Parramatta v Newcastle

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
knights are never going to be a serious challenger with their spine.
And now their have paid big money for an average hooker that doesn't run the ball.

Ray Stone played 56min and made 50 tackles with no misses. The guy looked better at hooker than any game he's played in the backrow
Brailey is excellent, he’s the least of our problems.

And now their have paid big money for an average hooker that doesn't run the ball.

Ray Stone played 56min and made 50 tackles with no misses. The guy looked better at hooker than any game he's played in the backrow
Ray Stone would be a handy pick up for the titans, dogs, tigers

Anon

Bench
They also changed the rules after Dreamboat Trent copped the 'held' penalty bullshit in the 05 prelim. Bit of a trend here...
Luckily, i don't hold grudges.
They also changed the rule after the Storm scored the “winning” try against us following a play the ball allowed to take place after the full time siren.

Bazal

Post Whore

Not really. He just had more minutes and a license to whack merkins all day. Ray Stone heaven

He made precisely no runs which he's actually pretty useful at on the back of a big Brown or Paulo charge

Hutty1986

Immortal
They also changed the rule after the Storm scored the “winning” try against us following a play the ball allowed to take place after the full time siren.
Haha f**k, my PTSD had blocked that one out. We cop it more than Jeff Stryker at a Mardi Gras after party

Apey

Staff member
I havent read through this thread yet but I really dont think any of the refereeing calls were howlers. The Gutherson "drop kick" unfortunately has precedent as the correct technical ruling. Still, I'd prefer all incidents of that to be ruled with common sense as a knock on.

The better team won in the end. Their forwards played better and their halfback played better, that's where it was won.

This Year?

Immortal
I was expecting the Knights to get thumped and bar a few errors they held a pretty decent account of themselves today. They've done pretty well just to make the finals after a horror start to the season and just like last year hopefully can use the experience to improve. Who knows what could have happened if their spine was together a few rounds earlier.

natheel

Coach
Thank god I don’t have to watch Newcastle again this season. They’re such a shitstain on the league. Leg twists, delayed HIAs to slow down teams momentum and don’t get me started on how over rated Kayla Ponga is

That match was probably the best performance I've seen from Mitchell Moses since he moved to Parramatta, More importantly it was in a big game (namely a finals match). Also thought Regan Campbell-Gillard had a belter of a game.

For the Knights, they are paying way too much for Kaylynn Ponga. Another big game, and another loss. Talk about over hyped and over paid.

84 Baby

Referee
I havent read through this thread yet but I really dont think any of the refereeing calls were howlers. The Gutherson "drop kick" unfortunately has precedent as the correct technical ruling. Still, I'd prefer all incidents of that to be ruled with common sense as a knock on.

The better team won in the end. Their forwards played better and their halfback played better, that's where it was won.
Everyone by now realises by now that if a player drops the ball intending to kick it and it touches the ground a poofteenth before he touches it with his foot then that is not a knock on per the rules. It’s not like the thing bounced back up to knee height and he volleyed it home like Zidane. The only avenue the people who still believe it was knock on have (besides a rule change which everyone always love) is that Gutho didn’t intend to kick it. And you’d have to be an idiot to think that.

Latest posts