What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Floodwaters

Juniors
Just when we thought the CCM couldn't be a bigger joke. Cleary was about as deserving as JT in 2015. His team merely had to win for him to get it.

His CCM winning stats

0 tries
0 try assists
0 line breaks
0 line break assists
9 missed tackles

What a performance from a halfback. Yeah he kicked well but he was playing off the back of complete dominance in the middle and couldn't create a try.

One of the forwards should of got it.

All Thurston done was kick a field goal otherwise was shocking

lazza

Juniors
Panthers dominated the first 20. Do people here think that bennet should have started burgess to give them more go fwd? Or that it wouldn't have mattered? And did Reynold's groin come into play on those last 2 kicks? I feel for him.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths fans must be filthy with latrell.

This is the exact type of game he could have provided that x factor and done something special.
X factor wasn't the issue last night. We did a much better job of icing tries when the chance came up

What we did miss is him being a backup kicker and field goal kicker with Reynolds having a groin injury

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
I'd have loved that lazy prick at the back.

lol. I'm not saying that the Rabbitohs would have won with Latrell, but he would have been much more worrying than young Taaffe.

Taking nothing away from the Panthers though. Amazing that they managed to get the job done going the long way and basically hobbling into the game.

stryker

First Grade
2020 AFL GF- played in Brisbane. Between two Victorian teams
2021 AFL GF- played in Perth. Between two Victorian teams
2021 NRL GF- played in Brisbane. Between two NSW teams.

If the roles were reversed and two non-NSW teams made the GF in Sydney at the end of a season where the Maroons had inflicted a record thrashing in 2 games in NSW, we'd never hear the end of it.

Pashun.

PENRITH!!!
It happened in 2015.

BranVan3000

Coach
I think in the end the result will keep us competitive for the next few years. Its going to sting a lot of our young guys but the fire will be there

I could have seen Cook and Walker sailing off into the sunset with a win and I'm not sure how healthy it is for a young guy like Taaffe to win a GF so "easily".

stryker

First Grade
As happy I was with the try assist to Critta I feel a tiny bit sorry for Cody, he played really well and it sucks for him that the intercept will be his legacy.
That was a poor moment for him but he also scored one of the great individual tries. Not a mention of it this morning as you predicted though….