What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
After last years grand final I doubt Panthers will be blown off the park early on. This should be an 80 minute contest. Souths defence has improved alot since earlier in the season so I cant see them being blown off the park either.

Could easily come down to the bounce of a ball. Or an exhausted player missing a tackle. Panthers have tough decisions to make on who is fit enough to risk in this game.

They only need to survive one day so we can probably take bigger risks. But we dont want to end up throwing in JFH, Leota and TPJ then have all 3 unable to finish the match. Or worse play busted and miss a tackle they should have made.

Souths have an injury cloud over Reynolds. But are otherwise fit AFAIK. So they would surely love their chances against our pack. Who they already outplayed only weeks ago. Panthers based on defence and hoping we dont lose another as its unlikely we get a third shot to win next year

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
One bloke that should get plenty ofnwraps for souths defensive efforts on their run at the end of the season is arrow and probbly skeletor for making the adjustment. 80 min forward capable of superhuman stats comes off the bench but still racks up 35-40 tackles in 60 mins with nearly 100% tackle efficiency. Pretty massive output per/minute but the gaps that are suppose appear around the ruck in fatigue times jai just swallows up

The_Frog

First Grade
Exactly, And they reckon Sutton might get hooked for it.

Yet Klein let the game go for 2-3 tackles on Friday when Keppie was like a drunkard stumbling out of The Steyne on a Sunday morning.
Give it to Atkins. That'll fire the thin man up.

yobbo84

First Grade
After last years grand final I doubt Panthers will be blown off the park early on. This should be an 80 minute contest. Souths defence has improved alot since earlier in the season so I cant see them being blown off the park either.

Could easily come down to the bounce of a ball. Or an exhausted player missing a tackle. Panthers have tough decisions to make on who is fit enough to risk in this game.

They only need to survive one day so we can probably take bigger risks. But we dont want to end up throwing in JFH, Leota and TPJ then have all 3 unable to finish the match. Or worse play busted and miss a tackle they should have made.

Souths have an injury cloud over Reynolds. But are otherwise fit AFAIK. So they would surely love their chances against our pack. Who they already outplayed only weeks ago. Panthers based on defence and hoping we dont lose another as its unlikely we get a third shot to win next year
My gut says one of our teams played their GF last week. Whether it was Souths in finally getting over the prelim hurdle, or the Panthers in getting revenge over the Storm - time will tell. I think we'll see a close 40-50 minutes before one team blows the other away.

Latest posts