What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 High Rollers Fantasy League

abpanther

Staff member
It's that time of the year again and this is the one everyone wants to win!

I have activated the league for 2021.

Please post in this thread your intentions for 2021, if you are out please let me know ASAP so we can find a replacement.

Buy in will be $50 as per last year, prizes are as follows now that we're back to a 12 team league:
1st place = $300
2nd place = $150
3rd place = $50
Top scorer in regular season = $100

12 Teams/Owners (BLUE = Paid, RED = Yet to pay)
Maniac Marauders - Abpanther
Rancho Cucamonga Cracka Killaz - Dogslife

Hey Darnold! - UsainB
Cleveland Steamers - nick87
MAX POWER - Kurt Faulk
Toowong Deviates - PWA
Winning is a Brees -Tom155
The Unflushables feat. Von Miller - Legend
Hypnotoads - Zombie Jesus
CRY HAVOC - TrickyTroy
Rookie Error - Mul3+1

Napolean's Pigskin - Bilks

This is a redraft league so there are no keepers to be set, all rosters should be clear

We will hold a live draft in early September

Past Winners
2013 - The Unflushables feat. Von Miller (Legend)
2014 - Hypnotoads (Zombie Jesus)
2015 - Team RamRod (Dogslife)
2016 - Hypnotoads (Zombie Jesus)
2017 - Suh Girls, One Cup (TamTam79)
2018 - Team RamRod (Dogslife)
2019 - Rookie Error (Mule)
2020 - Toowong Deviates (Pennywisealfie)

Last edited:
I feel like after all these years of bad luck, one of these years Kurt is gonna go like undefeated or something.

kurt faulk

Coach
I feel like after all these years of bad luck, one of these years Kurt is gonna go like undefeated or something.

Impossible, my mind is so ingrained into dynasty leagues it just can't adjust to the lone redraft league I play. No matter how hard I try I can't pick which players will be great for this one season or I value younger players much more than I should.

abpanther

Staff member
So we have one owner confirmed out and the other I'm still waiting to hear from. If he's also out do we want to try and find 2 replacements and stick to 14 teams or just revert to a 12 team league?

kurt faulk

Coach

Just revert back to 12. You only increased the league size because people asked you if they could join.

But if you're happy to find new people staying at 14 is ok as well. Hell I'd be happy if we had enough for a 16 team league.

dogslife

Coach
12 teams sounds right.

I would also be for adding an extra bench spot, but ditching the IR altogether. Don't like, nor see the point of IR in a redraft

kurt faulk

Coach
12 teams sounds right.

I would also be for adding an extra bench spot, but ditching the IR altogether. Don't like, nor see the point of IR in a redraft

I think it's because nfl teams can put players on ir for 3 weeks. Plus there was the covid situation as well last season and probably again this season.

dogslife

Coach
I think it's because nfl teams can put players on ir for 3 weeks. Plus there was the covid situation as well last season and probably again this season.

Precisely why I don't like it. A 3 week injury isn't worthy of an IR spot. If the player is good enough you stash them, if not you dump them. To me IR spots should only be for long term injuries in dynasty leagues.

If it was purely a covid ir spot that's different. Although I'm sure NFL teams are abusing this as well.

nick87

Coach
I sort of agree on IR with redraft
You gotta make some roster calls... if they're not valuable enough to carry, drop em and on you march... if they are, do what you can to survive

think it made sense last year... this year i think it should be only be 1 spot for proper IR, where the player is out for the 8 week period
I see value in that for redraft, but one spot only... i dont think COVID 2-3 weeks things should be IR eligable.

abpanther

Staff member
Those 3 IR spots were added last year due to the Covid situation and can only be used if the player is on IR due to a Covid designation, however it is a pain to manage as once people put them on there they can leave them there even after their covid designation is gone so it is something that we have to actively manage.

I agree with the notion that it's a redraft league and people need to make tough decisions. On the one hand we need to consider that it will be again a Covid disrupted season so we need to accommodate, I'm also loathed to increase the size of the benches as I think we've got that just right with tough roster management. I guess one option is we wipe the IR spots and just add one bench spot to help people manage Covid issues. Keen to hear thoughts from others.