What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Phil Mann Stand

Juniors
The Macron template is made for rugby clubs, whose designs are generally either very plain and/or changing on a yearly basis (and designed in a way to suit the template in use at the time).
Yes. They have this big semi circle patch on the lower back. Not a very appealing design template.

hrundi99

First Grade
They are ashamed of their colors, want to be more blue, just like the rest of the clubs.
Another reason i applaud the storm
Leaning into the purple, and detest the tigers for not embracing their orange, they have finally as an away this year, but still

One of the new WT jerseys has an orange back doesn't it?

sempmrh

Juniors
Six years is a good deal. You don't often see apparel contracts run beyond five years. Hopefully Puma does well for the Maroons and Blues (when they officially announce it).

I was at Rebel earlier today and saw a full rack of Castore Storm jerseys. I don't know why but seeing it there - and despite actually having one at home - I think I'm starting to warm up to it. Maybe it was the lighting in the store, I don't know. Hopefully the player issue jerseys look good - and adding sponsors will make a big difference, too.

Dawesy76

Juniors
Broncos home actually looks really good ‘in person’ and the ones the players have been wearing at photo shoots do look good on them. Maybe the original pics didn’t do it justice.

Same with Storm. Same as what Semp above just said. Not sure why but they actually looked ok on the rack. Having a unique colour like purple helps I think.

greenBV4

Bench
Six years is a good deal. You don't often see apparel contracts run beyond five years. Hopefully Puma does well for the Maroons and Blues (when they officially announce it).

I was at Rebel earlier today and saw a full rack of Castore Storm jerseys. I don't know why but seeing it there - and despite actually having one at home - I think I'm starting to warm up to it. Maybe it was the lighting in the store, I don't know. Hopefully the player issue jerseys look good - and adding sponsors will make a big difference, too.
What's the deal with sponsors on the jerseys? Absent or heat pressed? (Grill'd, Suzuki etc.)

greenBV4

Bench
What's the deal with sponsors on the jerseys? Absent or heat pressed? (Grill'd, Suzuki etc.)
I'm also very confused what's going on with Grill'd, I work for them and and know some of the guys who helped spearhead the sponsorship deal in the first place, and as far as I have heard there's been no issue or changes to the deal?

They were actually happy they ended up in qld for majority of the year last year as although grilld is headquartered and started in Melbourne, Queensland is their most profitable market, so no issues there

sempmrh

Juniors
My guess is that Suzuki was going to finish up with the club but decided at the last minute to take Tigerair’s spot on the front - too late to have been on retail jerseys. Grill’d I can’t explain because they signed a four year deal last year.

greenBV4

Bench
Grill’d I can’t explain because they signed a four year deal last year.
Yeah only thing i can think of is they might have pushed for the red circle like on the training gear but the club refused? but they dont even use the red circle in all of their own promotion so that would be a pretty pointless spat

sempmrh

Juniors
Yeah only thing i can think of is they might have pushed for the red circle like on the training gear but the club refused? but they dont even use the red circle in all of their own promotion so that would be a pretty pointless spat
But the red Grill'd logo isn't even on the training shirt - it's heat-pressed. The Suzuki and Fuel Your Life logos are heat-pressed, too.

yakstorm

First Grade
It's a rather strange situation.... considering Fuel your Life and Grill'd were already locked in for 2021 last year, and as far as I was aware, Susuki were committed as well, maybe it was just those three brands couldn't decide what position they were going to take.

Either way, I can't imagine those brands are happy that they're not on any of the merch, yet Hostplus and RedZed are...

sempmrh

Juniors
It's a rather strange situation.... considering Fuel your Life and Grill'd were already locked in for 2021 last year, and as far as I was aware, Susuki were committed as well, maybe it was just those three brands couldn't decide what position they were going to take.

Either way, I can't imagine those brands are happy that they're not on any of the merch, yet Hostplus and RedZed are...
I don't think Fuel Your Life will be anywhere on the jersey. I think their involvement with the club beyond 2020 is only supposed to be with membership and gameday things. The last time we had a membership sponsor (Schnitz) they had their logo on the training gear as well.

TDD91

Juniors
The Macron template is made for rugby clubs, whose designs are generally either very plain and/or changing on a yearly basis (and designed in a way to suit the template in use at the time).

This is one of the reasons I'm a big fan of Hummel, no side panels and you get a nice clean jersey every time.

GAZF

First Grade
This is one of the reasons I'm a big fan of Hummel, no side panels and you get a nice clean jersey every time.
chevrons-600x400.jpg

It's Been Done

Juniors
HWLE Lawyers are the sternum sponsor for St George this year, if you zoom in you can also see the Dragons logo being used as grips on the PI's in a similar fashion to Canterbury-Bankstown's heritage logo on their PI's and also a good look at the playing shorts
145919143_5709666469047197_9165142262057293666_o.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
HWLE Lawyers are the sternum sponsor for St George this year, if you zoom in you can also see the Dragons logo being used as grips on the PI's in a similar fashion to Canterbury-Bankstown's heritage logo on their PI's and also a good look at the playing shorts
145919143_5709666469047197_9165142262057293666_o.jpg

you couldn’t crinkle footy shorts like that if you tried