What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I’ve been going down an NBA jersey rabbit hole lately. I’m not the biggest fan of basketball, but I do admire how slick some of their jerseys are. Same with the NFL, the jerseys are very fashionable and some are

I know it sounds like an old man yelling at clouds, but NRL clubs could really lose a lot of the sponsors. I know that’s throwing away money, but plenty of sports seem to be doing pretty well without having their jerseys covered in sponsors. Yeah yeah, I know, Its not a new argument

Rugby League in my opinion is the most entertaining sport on earth, yet there is just something about the NRL that still feels a bit amateur to me, and I think the jerseys being blasted in sponsors adds to that. And boots and socks! Call me crazy, but I also think that are could use tidying up. Look at NFL teams and how much more professional they look. They don’t have half the players with socks down and every player wearing a different coloured pair of boots. Once again, I know, old man yells at cloud, but I think that type of thing is important.

It's Been Done

Juniors
In reserve grade last week Penrith and Norths were indistinguishable on the live coverage of the NSW RL Facebook page.

Was insane.
Norths need to use this (minus the members names) as their alternate from next year onwards
No photo description available.

Stupid little complaint. Neither women’s side are using the NRL template numbers. NSW using the Classic Sports template, Qld got their own as well. Would of thought if they won’t use the NRL template they would use one supplied by Puma. 🤷🏻‍♂️

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I don’t mind this Canterbury jersey, but Classic always seem to have weird curved panels or piping that make them look weird.

I also think Manlys home jersey would’ve looked much better up against this Bulldogs away jersey.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Are socks not apart of the uniform? With half the players wearing them down, every player wearing a different colour pair of boots, and then random players wearing compression socks up but their club socks down, it all looks very amateur to me.

Luciano is wearing all black socks while the rest of the tigers socks have stripes on them

I don’t know what the answer is. Uniform fines?

GAZF

First Grade
Are socks not apart of the uniform? With half the players wearing them down, every player wearing a different colour pair of boots, and then random players wearing compression socks up but their club socks down, it all looks very amateur to me.

Luciano is wearing all black socks while the rest of the tigers socks have stripes on them

I don’t know what the answer is. Uniform fines?
This should be a mandatory part of every player's kitbag, and not just used on the sleeve when someone carks it.
3M1610-RBOW.jpg

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

The Bulldogs can today announce that On Solar will no longer be a sponsor of the club after going into Voluntary Administration.

On Solar will no longer appear on the sleeve of the club jersey.

The Bulldogs are now in discussion with new potential partners for the sleeve sponsorship property for season 2022.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Valkyries would have been a good name to call them! Shame they have gone with the same name as mens team rather than created a unique but club connected female brand for the NRLW.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Valkyries would have been a good name to call them! Shame they have gone with the same name as mens team rather than created a unique but club connected female brand for the NRLW.
That's a Men's Women in League jersey, not a NRLW jersey.

When the club get an NRLW team it'll almost certainly be called the Valkyries, unless there's some shenanigans at the club or the NRL.

Nuke

Staff member
That's a Men's Women in League jersey, not a NRLW jersey.

When the club get an NRLW team it'll almost certainly be called the Valkyries, unless there's some shenanigans at the club or the NRL.
They already have a valkyries logo / emblem (as seen at the back of the collar of that WIL jersey), so it does look promising ... and would be brilliant if they did that.

The Great Dane

First Grade
They already have a valkyries logo / emblem (as seen at the back of the collar of that WIL jersey), so it does look promising ... and would be brilliant if they did that.
It should be mandatory for all clubs to build independent NRLW brands, it makes no sense commercially or logically for them not to.

Nuke

Staff member
It should be mandatory for all clubs to build independent NRLW brands, it makes no sense commercially or logically for them not to.
I don't know about all clubs being mandated to build independent NRLW brands, but I am a fan of clubs -where possible- doing so.

Some clubs' emblems are gender neutral, so don't need to change it up (Sharks, Dragons, Sea Eagles, Storm, ect).

Some clubs' emblems are probably better remaining as they are, as they could be considered patronising or inferior if they chose to change to more female-based versions of their NRL club emblems (Knights/Maidens, Roosters/Hens (or worse, Chicks!), Broncos/Fillies, Cowboys/Cowgirls, ect).

The only one I can think of quickly that would benefit from this mandate idea of yours is in fact the Raiders/Valkyries.
I like the idea, but it would need to be done well.

Saint Doc

Coach
I understand where you are all coming from, but couldn’t disagree more.

the message needs to be “anyone can grow up to play for the Storm”. Not to say…hey boys, you can play for the Storm, but girls you have to play for the inferior Melbourne Thunder.”

you want to get the two comps on equal footing.

How many NBA teams can you name? How many WNBA teams can you name? I’m sure if they had their time over, the best women basketball players would rather be playing for LA Lakers or Chicago Bulls, not LA Sparks or Chicago Sky.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Gotta disagree with you there. Sure clubs should be able to if they want to, but forcing is a bit ridiculous. Like, what would you call the Sharks or Dragons?

Unless you meant all the NRLW teams should have completely new identities, not link to NRL clubs at all, that idea I can entertain.

Personally, the few times I’ve watched the NRLW I’ve struggled to care. I go for the Sharks, so why would I care about watching the comp at all with my team not being in it? NRL is tribal, there’s no way I’m going to just start caring about one of the other teams Women’s side. I’d bet a lot of fans from clubs that aren’t in the Women’s comp would feel the same.

At least if they came up with some new teams, they’d have a chance at grabbing my attention

Latest posts