What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Very little comment on the fine Mitchell got for supposedly sliding on top of Garner after a try in the 44th minute,

You would expect another 10 similar fines handed out this week if there’s any degree of honesty in the charge by the MRC

He coped a fine for it , as we he was acting a pork chop whole game , your correct on its own they would have let it slide , but combined with lashing of leg to the “same player “ later on and elbow they got him on everything

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
You can't do it that way as you have to use what is listed in the laws of the game (which is section 15, Law 1 which deals with misconduct -

View attachment 47796

Source: https://www.playrugbyleague.com/media/10100/nrl-international-rules-book-2020-a5-v2-web.pdf

As such "accidental" is not listed, whilst the other three only cover tackles which come into contact with the head or neck.

You would have to re-word the above to be able to level charges like you suggest.

Yobbo, the loadings are what takes into account prior incidents. That is why, when combined with carry over points, Latrell wound up with a 4 week suspension. He was hit with a Grade 2 charge, which is the medium level, but due to 2 prior non-related incidents gave him a 40% increase so he wound up with 420 points and hence a 4 week suspension. If he didn't have those priors it would have been, at worst, 3 weeks.

People forget they brought in this table and gradings for one reason, as people used to carry on about inconsistencies between player a getting 5 weeks for a high tackle whilst players b, who's was considered far worse, only got 2 weeks. No reasons were given by judiciary as to why they imposed those sentences either.

Everyone carries on about their team's player being "hard done by" regardless of what system is sued. Heck I could imagine you could have a judiciary of Jesus Christ considering it and people would accuse him of being "biased and unfair".

Don’t worry just Souths supporters and idiot media complaining . Ffs buzz whole argument is latrell is a draw card to the game so shouldn’t have got so long .. so If was a nobody he wouldn’t have cared .

System is fine as it is , take early plea you get discount , you a repeat offender you get smashed .

no name

Coach
Lol, I would understand if Mo Fo got a $1500 fine for stupidity, but for him to be charged with dangerous contact is ridiculous.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Putting aside whether or not it was high - I always thought the NRL concept of a shoulder charge was side on with arm tucked? Front on with outstretched arms was not considered a shoulder charge and there’s no requirement to ‘wrap’. I’ve never seen what Talakai did regarded as a shoulder charge before - it’s a shoulder charge in Union but not league. Did they change the rule?

Jim Rockford

Bench
Putting aside whether or not it was high - I always thought the NRL concept of a shoulder charge was side on with arm tucked? Front on with outstretched arms was not considered a shoulder charge and there’s no requirement to ‘wrap’. I’ve never seen what Talakai did regarded as a shoulder charge before - it’s a shoulder charge in Union but not league. Did they change the rule?
I'm of the same opinion. The fact his arm was outstretched meant it wasn't a shoulder charge, or so I thought.

Same with Ravalawa today on JMoz, good hit not a shoulder charge. But, he will be charged for a shoulder charge and get a couple of weeks off. I bet the Crichton hit on Clune never gets mentioned or charged because he is a Rooster. It also was all shoulder with outstretched arm, same as Rava

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
This stuff about what they did with their arm is just semantics. It’s legal Mumbai jumbo. the intent is clearly to use the shoulder

Further to that, the problem with the shoulder charge is that it was being used to hit blokes in the head and had to be banned

the problem now is the idiots are suspending blokes for shoulder charges to the hip, waist, or bloody ankle

Generalzod

Immortal
Crichton hit on Clune nothing to see here, Talakai did the same hit 10 mins in sin bin 4 weeks suspension or 6 weeks if he fights it, the club should fight the charge and use Chrihtons hit as an example the Roosters do.

Valheru

Coach
Crichton hit on Clune nothing to see here, Talakai did the same hit 10 mins in sin bin 4 weeks suspension or 6 weeks if he fights it, the club should fight the charge and use Chrihtons hit as an example the Roosters do.

You can't use tackles that aren't charged as examples at the judiciary.